Optimal time to invest when the price processes are geometric Brownian motions
- Yaozhong Hu
()(Department of Mathematics, University of Kansas, 405 Snow Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA)
- Bernt Øksendal
()(Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo, P.O. Box 1053 Blindern, N-0316 Oslo, Norway and Institute of Finance and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Helleveien 30, N-5035 Bergen-Sandviken, Norway Manuscript)
Let $X_1(t)$, $\cdots$, $X_n(t)$ be $n$ geometric Brownian motions, possibly correlated. We study the optimal stopping problem: Find a stopping time $\tau^*
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Note:||received: April 1996; final version received: July 1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/mathematics/quantitative+finance/journal/780/PS2|
- Rohlfs, Wilko & Madlener, Reinhard, 2010. "Valuation of CCS-Ready Coal-Fired Power Plants: A Multi-Dimensional Real Options Approach," FCN Working Papers 7/2010, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Makasu, Cloud, 2008. "On mean exit time from a curvilinear domain," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(17), pages 2859-2863, December.
- Luis H.R. Alvarez & Jukka Lempa & Elias Oikarinen, 2009. "Do Standard Real Option Models Overestimate the Required Rate of Return of Real Estate Investment Opportunities?," Discussion Papers 52, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- GAHUNGU, Joachim & SMEERS, Yves, 2011. "Optimal time to invest when the price processes are geometric Brownian motions. A tentative based on smooth fit," CORE Discussion Papers 2011034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Décamps, Jean-Paul & Mariotti, Thomas & Villeneuve, Stéphane, 2000.
"Investment Timing under Incomplete Information,"
IDEI Working Papers
115, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Apr 2004.
- Jean-Paul Décamps & Thomas Mariotti & Stephane Villeneuve, 2003. "Investment timing under incomplete information," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19325, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Paul Decamps & Thomas Mariotti & Stephane Villeneuve, 2003. "Investment Timing under Incomplete Information," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 444, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Louberge, Henri & Villeneuve, Stephane & Chesney, Marc, 2002. "Long-term risk management of nuclear waste: a real options approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 157-180, November.
- CHESNEY, Marc & LOUBERGE, Henri & VILLENEUVE, Stéphane, 2001. "Long-term risk management of nuclear waste : a real options approach," Les Cahiers de Recherche 767, HEC Paris.
- Henri Loubergé & Stéphane Villeneuve & Marc Chesney, 2002. "Long-Term Risk Management of Nuclear Waste: A Real Options Approach," Working Papers hal-00594373, HAL.
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J., 2008. "Optimal and strategic timing of mergers and acquisitions motivated by synergies and risk diversification," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1701-1720, May.
- Hampe, Jona & Madlener, Reinhard, 2012. "Economics of High-Temperature Nuclear Reactors for Industrial Cogeneration," FCN Working Papers 10/2012, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Makasu, Cloud, 2010. "A note on explicit bounds for a stopped Feynman-Kac functional," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(23-24), pages 1977-1979, December.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Erkki Koskela, 2002. "Irreversible Investment under Interest Rate Variability: New Results," CESifo Working Paper Series 640, CESifo Group Munich.
- Luis H.R. Alvarez & Erkki Koskela, 2004. "Irreversible investment under interest rate variability: new results," Others 0404007, EconWPA.
- Alvarez, Luis H. R. & Koskela, Erkki, 2003. "Irreversible investment under interest rate variability : new results," Research Discussion Papers 29/2003, Bank of Finland.
- GAHUNGU, Joachim & SMEERS, Yves, 2011. "Sufficient and necessary conditions for perpetual multi-assets exchange options," CORE Discussion Papers 2011035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Arkin Vadim & Arkina Svetlana & Slastnikov Alexander, 2003. "Investment Stimulation by a Depreciation Mechanism," EERC Working Paper Series 02-05e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Chiara D'Alpaos & Marina Bertolini & Michele Moretto, 2016. "Do Smart Grids Boost Investment in Photovoltaics? The Prosumer Investment Decision," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0203, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Hong Liu & Jianjun Miao, 2006. "Managerial Preferences, Corporate Governance, and Financial Structure," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-020, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Erkki Koskela, 2006. "Irreversible Investment under Interest Rate Variability: Some Generalizations," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 623-644, March.
- Alvarez, Luis H.R. & Koskela, Erkki, 2003. "Irreversible Investment under Interest Rate Variability: Some Generalizations," Discussion Papers 841, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:finsto:v:2:y:1998:i:3:p:295-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed