Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options
We give a complete and self-contained proof of the existence of a strong solution to the free boundary and optimal stopping problems for pricing American path dependent options. The framework is su±ciently general to include geometric Asian options with non-constant volatility and recent path-dependent volatility models.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 12 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/mathematics/quantitative+finance/journal/780/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asbjørn T. Hansen & Peter Løchte Jørgensen, 2000. "Analytical Valuation of American-Style Asian Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1116-1136, August.
- Paolo Foschi & Andrea Pascucci, 2008.
"Path dependent volatility,"
Decisions in Economics and Finance,
Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 31(1), pages 13-32, May.
- Pascucci, Andrea & Foschi, Paolo, 2006. "Path dependent volatility," MPRA Paper 973, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Min Dai & Yue Kuen Kwok, 2006. "Characterization Of Optimal Stopping Regions Of American Asian And Lookback Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 63-82.
- David G. Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 1998. "Complete Models with Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 27-48.
- Hatem Ben-Ameur & Michèle Breton & Pierre L'Ecuyer, 2002. "A Dynamic Programming Procedure for Pricing American-Style Asian Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(5), pages 625-643, May.
- Jérôme Barraquand & Thierry Pudet, 1996. "Pricing Of American Path-Dependent Contingent Claims," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 17-51. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)