Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options
We give a complete and self-contained proof of the existence of a strong solution to the free boundary and optimal stopping problems for pricing American path dependent options. The framework is su±ciently general to include geometric Asian options with non-constant volatility and recent path-dependent volatility models.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 12 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/mathematics/quantitative+finance/journal/780/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asbjørn T. Hansen & Peter Løchte Jørgensen, 2000. "Analytical Valuation of American-Style Asian Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1116-1136, August.
- Paolo Foschi & Andrea Pascucci, 2008. "Path dependent volatility," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 31(1), pages 13-32, May.
- David G. Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 1998. "Complete Models with Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 27-48.
- Min Dai & Yue Kuen Kwok, 2006. "Characterization Of Optimal Stopping Regions Of American Asian And Lookback Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 63-82.
- Hatem Ben-Ameur & Michèle Breton & Pierre L'Ecuyer, 2002. "A Dynamic Programming Procedure for Pricing American-Style Asian Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(5), pages 625-643, May.
- Jérôme Barraquand & Thierry Pudet, 1996. "Pricing Of American Path-Dependent Contingent Claims," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 17-51.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:finsto:v:12:y:2008:i:1:p:21-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.