Path dependent volatility
We propose a general class of non-constant volatility models with dependence on the past. The framework includes path-dependent volatility models such as that by Hobson&Rogers and also path dependent contracts such as options of Asian style. A key feature of the model is that market completeness is preserved. Some empirical analysis, based on the comparison with the performance of standard local volatility and Heston models, shows the effectiveness of the path dependent volatility.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 31 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10203/index.htm |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carol Alexander & Leonardo M. Nogueira, 2006. "Hedging Options with Scale-Invariant Models," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2006-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Rama Cont, 2006. "Model Uncertainty And Its Impact On The Pricing Of Derivative Instruments," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 519-547.
- Andrea Pascucci & Marco Di Francesco, 2005. "On the complete model with stochastic volatility by Hobson and Rogers," Finance 0503013, EconWPA.
- David G. Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 1998. "Complete Models with Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 27-48.
- Andrea Pascucci, 2008.
"Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 21-41, January.
- Andrea, Pascucci, 2007. "Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options," MPRA Paper 4766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Pascucci & Paolo Foschi, 2005. "Calibration of the Hobson&Rogers model: empirical tests," Finance 0509020, EconWPA.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 2000. "A Complete Stochastic Volatility Model in the HJM Framework," Research Paper Series 43, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Rama Cont, 2006. "Model uncertainty and its impact on the pricing of derivative instruments," Post-Print halshs-00002695, HAL.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:decfin:v:31:y:2008:i:1:p:13-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.