A Complete Stochastic Volatility Model in the HJM Framework
This paper considers a stochastic volatility version of the Heath, Jarrow and Morton (1992) term structure model. Market completeness is obtained by adapting the Hobson and Rogers (1998) complete stochastic volatility stock market model to the interest rate setting. Numerical simulation for a special case is used to compare the stochastic volatility model against the traditional Vasicek (1977) model.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 2000. "A Class of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Models with Stochastic Volatility," Research Paper Series 34, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Andrew Carverhill, 1994. "When Is The Short Rate Markovian?," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 305-312.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "An Intertemporal General Equilibrium Model of Asset Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 363-384, March.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1995.
"Transformation of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Models to Markovian Systems,"
Working Paper Series
53, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- R. Bhar & C. Chiarella, 1997. "Transformation of Heath?Jarrow?Morton models to Markovian systems," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-26.
- David G. Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 1998. "Complete Models with Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 27-48.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992.
"Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- David Heath & Robert Jarrow & Andrew Morton, 2008. "Bond Pricing And The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A New Methodology For Contingent Claims Valuation," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 13, pages 277-305 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Carl Chiarella & Oh Kang Kwon, 2001.
"Forward rate dependent Markovian transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton term structure model,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 237-257.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 1999. "Forward Rate Dependent Markovian Transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Model," Research Paper Series 5, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- de Jong, Frank & Santa-Clara, Pedro, 1999. "The Dynamics of the Forward Interest Rate Curve: A Formulation with State Variables," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 131-157, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.