Calibration of the Hobson&Rogers model: empirical tests
The path-dependent volatility model by Hobson and Rogers is considered. It is known that this model can potentially reproduce the observed smile and skew patterns of different directions, while preserving the completeness of the market. In order to quantitatively investigate the pricing performance of the model a calibration procedure is here derived. Numerical results based on S&P500 option prices give evidence of the effectiveness of the model.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- René Garcia & Eric Ghysels & Éric Renault, 2004. "The Econometrics of Option Pricing," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-04, CIRANO.
- Mark Broadie & Mikhail Chernov & Michael Johannes, 2007. "Model Specification and Risk Premia: Evidence from Futures Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1453-1490, 06.
- David G. Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 1998. "Complete Models with Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 27-48.
- Andrea Pascucci & Marco Di Francesco, 2005. "On the complete model with stochastic volatility by Hobson and Rogers," Finance 0503013, EconWPA.
- Bates, David S., 2000. "Post-'87 crash fears in the S&P 500 futures option market," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 181-238.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 2000. "A Complete Stochastic Volatility Model in the HJM Framework," Research Paper Series 43, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0509020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.