On the complete model with stochastic volatility by Hobson and Rogers
We examine a recent model, proposed by Hobson and Rogers, which generalizes the classical one by Black and Scholes for pricing derivative securities such as options and futures. We treat the numerical solution of some degenerate partial differential equations governing this financial problem and propose some new numerical schemes which naturally apply in this degenerate setting. Then we aim to emphasize the mathematical tractability of the Hobson-Rogers model by presenting analytical and numerical results comparable with the known ones in the classical Black-Scholes environment.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Fabio Antonelli & Andrea Pascucci, 2005. "On the viscosity solutions of a stochastic differential utility problem," Finance 0503021, EconWPA.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1994. " Implied Binomial Trees," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 771-818, July.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The valuation of options for alternative stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 145-166.
- Mark Rubinstein., 1994. "Implied Binomial Trees," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-232, University of California at Berkeley.
- Emilio Barucci & Paul Malliavin & Maria Elvira Mancino & Roberto Ren� & Anton Thalmaier, 2003. "The Price-Volatility Feedback Rate: An Implementable Mathematical Indicator of Market Stability," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 17-35.
- David G. Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 1998. "Complete Models with Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 27-48.
- Robert Peszek, 1995. "PDE Models for Pricing Stocks and Options With Memory Feedback," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 211-224.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0503013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.