Approximating Heath-Jarrow-Morton Non-Markovian Term Structure of Interest Rate Models with Markovian Systems
We consider a Heath-Jarrow-Morton models for the term structure of interest rates in which the forward rate volatility is a function of the instantaneous spot rate of interest, a set of dicrete forward rates and time to maturity of the bond. We show how the stochastic dynamics may be expressed as a system of Markovian stochastic differential equations. We obtain the partial differential equation which allows the pricing of contingent claims in this framework.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.uts.edu.au/about/uts-business-school/finance
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1995.
"Transformation of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Models to Markovian Systems,"
Working Paper Series
53, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- R. Bhar & C. Chiarella, 1997. "Transformation of Heath?Jarrow?Morton models to Markovian systems," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-26.
- Andrew Mark Jeffrey, 1995. "Single Factor Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Models Based on Markov Spot Interest Rate Dynamics," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm46, Yale School of Management.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-29, December.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 1999.
"Forward Rate Dependent Markovian Transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Model,"
Research Paper Series
5, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh Kang Kwon, 2001. "Forward rate dependent Markovian transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton term structure model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 237-257.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Andrew Carverhill, 1994. "When Is The Short Rate Markovian?," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 305-312.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:wpaper:76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.