An argument for preferring Firth bias-adjusted estimates in aggregate and individual-level discrete choice modeling
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, March.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Jones, Bradley & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2009. "An Efficient Algorithm for Constructing Bayesian Optimal Choice Designs," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 279-291.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2008. "Optimal designs for conjoint experiments," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2369-2387, January.
- Beggs, S. & Cardell, S. & Hausman, J., 1981. "Assessing the potential demand for electric cars," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Peter J. Lenk & Wayne S. DeSarbo & Paul E. Green & Martin R. Young, 1996. "Hierarchical Bayes Conjoint Analysis: Recovery of Partworth Heterogeneity from Reduced Experimental Designs," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages 173-191.
- Theodoros Evgeniou & Massimiliano Pontil & Olivier Toubia, 2007. "A Convex Optimization Approach to Modeling Consumer Heterogeneity in Conjoint Estimation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 805-818, 11-12.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- KUPFER, Franziska & KESSELS, Roselinde & GOOS, Peter & VAN DE VOORDE, Eddy & VERHETSEL, Ann, 2013. "A discrete choice approach for analysing the airport choice for freighter operations in Europe," Working Papers 2013028, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Kupfer, Franziska & Kessels, Roselinde & Goos, Peter & Van de Voorde, Eddy & Verhetsel, Ann, 2016. "The origin–destination airport choice for all-cargo aircraft operations in Europe," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 53-74.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrete choice modeling; Firth's bias adjustment; Penalized maximum likelihood; Individual-level estimates; Data separation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2013-08-31 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ECM-2013-08-31 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2013013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ftufsbe.html .