Effort-Based Career Opportunities and Working Time
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Massimiliano Bratti & Stefano Staffolani, 2007. "Effort-based career opportunities and working time," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(6), pages 489-512, September.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Staffolani, Stefano, 2005. "Effort-Based Career Opportunities and Working Time," IZA Discussion Papers 1474, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Massimiliano BRATTI & Stefano STAFFOLANI, 2005. "Effort-based career opportunities and working time," Departmental Working Papers 2005-02, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Lazear, Edward P. & Oyer, Paul, 2004.
"Internal and external labor markets: a personnel economics approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 527-554, October.
- Edward P. Lazear & Paul Oyer, 2003. "Internal and External Labor Markets: A Personnel Economics Approach," NBER Working Papers 10192, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bell, Linda A. & Freeman, Richard B., 2001.
"The incentive for working hard: explaining hours worked differences in the US and Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 181-202, May.
- Linda A. Bell & Richard B. Freeman, 2000. "The Incentive for Working Hard: Explaining Hours Worked Differences in the U.S. and Germany," NBER Working Papers 8051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Stewart, Mark B & Swaffield, Joanna K, 1997.
"Constraints on the Desired Hours of Work of British Men,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 520-535, March.
- Stewart, M.B. & Swaffield, J.K., 1996. "Constraints on the Desired Hours of Work of British Men," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 468, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff, 2003. "A sticky floors model of promotion, pay, and gender," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 295-322, April.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", pages 129-137.
- Arulampalam, W. & Robin A. Naylor & Jeremy P. Smith, 2002. "University of Warwick," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 9, Royal Economic Society.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
- Landers, Renee M & Rebitzer, James B & Taylor, Lowell J, 1996. "Rat Race Redux: Adverse Selection in the Determination of Work Hours in Law Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 329-348, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefania BUSSOLETTI & Roberto ESPOSTI, 2004. "Regional Convergence, Structural Funds and the Role of Agricolture in the EU. A Panel-Data Approach," Working Papers 220, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Fernando Lozano, 2010.
"Understanding the workweek of foreign born workers in the United States,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 83-104, March.
- Lozano, Fernando A., 2009. "Understanding the Workweek of Foreign Born Workers in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 4317, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anger, Silke, 2008. "Overtime Work as a Signaling Device," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 167-189.
- Renato BALDUCCI, 2005. "Public Expenditure and Economic Growth. A critical extension of Barro's (1990) model," Working Papers 240, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Roberto ESPOSTI & Pierpaolo PIERANI, 2005. "Price, Private Demand and Optimal Provision of Public R&D in Italian Agriculture," Working Papers 238, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
More about this item
Keywordsbargaining; career; personnel management; promotion; welfare; working time;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anc:wpaper:203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurizio Mariotti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deancit.html .