Bias correcting adjustment coefficients in a cointegrated VAR with known cointegrating vectors
The maximum likelihood estimator of the adjustment coefficient in a cointegrated vector autoregressive model (CVAR) is generally biased. For the case where the cointegrating vector is known in a first-order CVAR with no intercept, we derive a condition for the unbiasedness of the maximum likelihood estimator of the adjustment coefficients, and provide a simple characterization of the bias in case this condition is violated. A feasible bias correction method is shown to virtually eliminate the bias over a large part of the parameter space.
|Date of creation:||04 Jun 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Dept. of Econometrics, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Valckenierstraat 65, NL - 1018 XE Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
Web page: http://www.ase.uva.nl/uva-econometrics
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1986:i:4:p:05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Magnus, J.R., 1986. "The exact moments of a ratio of quadratic forms in normal variables," Other publications TiSEM c6725407-ac3c-44fd-b6d1-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Karim M. Abadir & Kaddour Hadri & Elias Tzavalis, 1999.
"The Influence of VAR Dimensions on Estimator Biases,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 163-182, January.
- Karim Abadir & Kaddour Hadri & Elias Tzavalis, "undated". "The Influence of VAR Dimensions on Estimator Biases," Discussion Papers 96/14, Department of Economics, University of York.
- van GARDEREN, Kees Jan, 1997. "Exact geometry of explosive autoregressive models," CORE Discussion Papers 1997068, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ame:wpaper:1305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Noud P.A. van Giersbergen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.