Resource Allocation And Asset Pricing
This paper presents a unified treatment of the production and financial decisions available to a firm facing frictionless financial markets and a stochastic production technology under minimal assumptions on the firm's stochastic technology and objective function. The key concept is that of a 'derivative-cost function', which gives the minimal cost (maximal buying price) of constructing an asset by combining financial and real production activities.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 301-405-1290|
Web page: http://www.arec.umd.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clark, Stephen A., 1993. "The valuation problem in arbitrage price theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 463-478.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1981. "Cross Hedging," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1182-96, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5593 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:arz:wpaper:eres1993-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luttmer, Erzo G J, 1996. "Asset Pricing in Economies with Frictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1439-67, November.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Cost, Revenue, and Profit Functions," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters, in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 1 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Rahi Rohit, 1995. "Optimal Incomplete Markets with Asymmetric Information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 171-197, February.
- Elyès Jouini & Hédi Kallal & Clotilde Napp, 1999.
"Arbitrage and Viability in Securities Markets with Fixed Trading Costs,"
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires
99-033, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Jouini, Elyes & Kallal, Hedi & Napp, Clotilde, 2001. "Arbitrage and viability in securities markets with fixed trading costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 197-221, April.
- Elyès Jouini & Hedi Kallal & Clotilde Napp, 2001. "Arbitrage and viability in securities markets with fixed trading costs," Post-Print halshs-00167157, HAL.
- Holthausen, Duncan M, 1979. "Hedging and the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 989-95, December.
- Dermody, Jaime Cuevas & Prisman, Eliezer Zeev, 1988. " Term Structure Multiplicity and Clientele in Markets with Transactions Costs and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 893-911, September.
- Garman, Mark B. & Ohlson, James A., 1981.
"Valuation of risky assets in arbitrage-free economies with transactions costs,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 271-280, September.
- Mark B. Garman and James A. Ohlson., 1980. "Valuation of Risky Assets in Arbitrage-Free Economies with Transactions Costs," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 103, University of California at Berkeley.
- Chambers Robert G. & Fare Rolf, 1994. "Hicks' Neutrality and Trade Biased Growth: A Taxonomy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 554-567, December.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1987. "Arbitrage and Martingales with Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 371-93, April.
- Elyégs Jouini & Hédi Kallal, 1995. "Arbitrage In Securities Markets With Short-Sales Constraints," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 197-232.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, December.
- Diewert, W.E., 1993. "Duality approaches to microeconomic theory," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 12, pages 535-599 Elsevier.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1978. "Information, futures prices, and stabilizing speculation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 79-98, February.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications (I): The Theory of Production," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 1, number fuss1978.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umdrwp:28594. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.