Resource Allocation And Asset Pricing
This paper presents a unified treatment of the production and financial decisions available to a firm facing frictionless financial markets and a stochastic production technology under minimal assumptions on the firm's stochastic technology and objective function. The key concept is that of a 'derivative-cost function', which gives the minimal cost (maximal buying price) of constructing an asset by combining financial and real production activities.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 301-405-1290|
Web page: http://www.arec.umd.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Cost, Revenue, and Profit Functions," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters, in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 1 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Rahi Rohit, 1995. "Optimal Incomplete Markets with Asymmetric Information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 171-197, February.
- Garman, Mark B. & Ohlson, James A., 1981.
"Valuation of risky assets in arbitrage-free economies with transactions costs,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 271-280, September.
- Mark B. Garman and James A. Ohlson., 1980. "Valuation of Risky Assets in Arbitrage-Free Economies with Transactions Costs," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 103, University of California at Berkeley.
- Diewert, W.E., 1993. "Duality approaches to microeconomic theory," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 12, pages 535-599 Elsevier.
- repec:arz:wpaper:eres1993-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, December.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications (I): The Theory of Production," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 1, number fuss1978.
- Clark, Stephen A., 1993. "The valuation problem in arbitrage price theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 463-478.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1981. "Cross Hedging," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1182-1196, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5593 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jouini, Elyes & Kallal, Hedi & Napp, Clotilde, 2001. "Arbitrage and viability in securities markets with fixed trading costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 197-221, April.
- Elyès Jouini & Hédi Kallal & Clotilde Napp, 1999. "Arbitrage and Viability in Securities Markets with Fixed Trading Costs," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-033, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Elyès Jouini & Hedi Kallal & Clotilde Napp, 2001. "Arbitrage and viability in securities markets with fixed trading costs," Post-Print halshs-00167157, HAL.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1987. "Arbitrage and Martingales with Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 371-393, April.
- Holthausen, Duncan M, 1979. "Hedging and the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 989-995, December.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1978. "Information, futures prices, and stabilizing speculation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 79-98, February.
- Luttmer, Erzo G J, 1996. "Asset Pricing in Economies with Frictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1439-1467, November.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Dermody, Jaime Cuevas & Prisman, Eliezer Zeev, 1988. " Term Structure Multiplicity and Clientele in Markets with Transactions Costs and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 893-911, September.
- LeRoy,Stephen F. & Werner,Jan, 2001. "Principles of Financial Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521586054, December.
- Elyégs Jouini & Hédi Kallal, 1995. "Arbitrage In Securities Markets With Short-Sales Constraints," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 197-232.
- Chambers Robert G. & Fare Rolf, 1994. "Hicks' Neutrality and Trade Biased Growth: A Taxonomy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 554-567, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)