Financial Performance of Publicly-Traded Agribusinesses
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ani L. Katchova & Sierra J. Enlow, 2013. "Financial performance of publicly-traded agribusinesses," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 73(1), pages 58-73, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Cook, Michael L. & Chaddad, Fabio R., 2000. "Agroindustrialization of the global agrifood economy: bridging development economics and agribusiness research," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(3), September.
- Benjamin M. Clark & Joshua D. Detre & Jeremy D'Antoni & Hector Zapata, 2012. "The role of an agribusiness index in a modern portfolio," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(3), pages 362-380, November.
- Johnson, Robert & Soenen, Luc, 2003. "Indicators of Successful Companies," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 364-369, June.
- Mark R. Manfredo & Dwight R. Sanders & Winifred D. Scott, 2011. "Analyst's earnings estimates for publicly traded food companies: How good are they?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 261-279, June.
- Jeffrey P. Katz, 1997. "Managerial behavior and strategy choices in agribusiness cooperatives," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 483-495.
- Ashok K. Mishra & J. Michael Harris & Kenneth W. Erickson & Charlie Hallahan & Joshua D. Detre, 2012. "Drivers of agricultural profitability in the USA: An application of the Du Pont expansion method," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(3), pages 325-340, November.
- Sean Cleary, 1999. "The Relationship between Firm Investment and Financial Status," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 673-692, April.
- Cook, Michael L. & Chaddad, Fabio R., 2000. "Agroindustrialization of the global agrifood economy: bridging development economics and agribusiness research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 207-218, September.
- Zvi Lerman & Claudia Parliament, 1990. "Comparative performance of cooperatives and investor-owned firms in US food industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(6), pages 527-540.
- Goldsmith, Arthur, 1985. "The private sector and rural development: Can agribusiness help the small farmer?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(10-11), pages 1125-1138.
- Schumacher, Sara K. & Boland, Michael A., 2003. "The Persistence Of Profitability In The Food And Agribusiness Sector," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22124, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Veselinović, Branislav & Drobnjaković, Maja, 2014. "Qualitative And Quantitative Analysis Of Micro And Macro Aspects Of Agricultural Finance," Economics of Agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 61(3).
- Carlos J.O. Trejo-Pech & Richard N. Weldon & Michael A. Gunderson, 2016. "Earnings Management through Specific Accruals and Discretionary Expenses: Evidence from U.S. Agribusiness Firms," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 64(1), pages 89-118, March.
More about this item
Keywordsagribusinesses; Compustat; DuPont analysis; financial performance; financial ratios; Agribusiness; Agricultural Finance; Q13; Q14;
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ukysps:164518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/daukyus.html .