Predicting Financial Stress in Young and Beginning Farmers in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Franks, Jeremy R, 1998. "Predicting Financial Stress in Farm Businesses," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 30-52.
- Teresa A. John, 1993. "Accounting Measures of Corporate Liquidity, Leverage, and Costs of Financial Distress," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- Peel, MJ & Peel, DA & Pope, PF, 1986. "Predicting corporate failure-- Some results for the UK corporate sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 5-12.
- H. Frederick Gale, 1994. "Longitudinal Analysis of Farm Size over the Farmer's Life Cycle," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 113-123.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruce L. Ahrendsen & Ani L. Katchova, 2012. "Financial ratio analysis using ARMS data," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(2), pages 262-272, July.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2010. "Structural changes in U.S. agriculture: Financial performance of farms in transition," 114th Seminar, April 15-16, 2010, Berlin, Germany 60965, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jaclyn D. Kropp & Ani L. Katchova, 2011.
"The effects of direct payments on liquidity and repayment capacity of beginning farmers,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(3), pages 347-365, November.
- Kropp, Jaclyn D. & Katchova, Ani L., 2011. "The Effects of Direct Payments on Liquidity and Repayment Capacity of Beginning Farmers," Staff Papers 164516, University of Kentucky, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Goeringer, L. Paul & Goodwin, Harold L., Jr. & Dixon, Bruce L. & Popp, Michael P., 2013. "EnVesting in an Agricultural Legacy: Design and Implementation of a Targeted Young and Beginning Farmer Loan Program in Arkansas," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143037, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial stress; Young and Beginning farmers; farm type; farming regions; operating leverage; Agricultural and Food Policy; Agricultural Finance; Farm Management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeana:46861. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .