Factors Driving Fruit and Vegetable Expenditures and Consumption Frequency in Lesser Developed Country: an Analysis of Urban Households from the Republic of Uganda
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stewart, Hayden & Blisard, Noel & Jolliffe, Dean, 2003. "Do Income Constraints Inhibit Spending on Fruits and Vegetables Among Low-Income Households?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(03), December.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- He, Hua & Huang, Chung L. & Houston, Jack E., 1995. "U.S. Household Consumption Of Fresh Fruits," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 26(2), September.
- Capps, Oral & Love, John M., 1983. "Determinants of Household Expenditure on Fresh Vegetables," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 127-132, December.
- Bagarani, Massimo & Forleo, Maria Bonaventura & Zampino, Simona, 2009. "Households Food Expenditures Behaviours And Socioeconomic Welfare In Italy: A Microeconometric Analysis," 113th Seminar, September 3-6, 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece 57976, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dave Weatherspoon & James Oehmke & Assa DembÃ©lÃ© & Marcus Coleman & Thasanee Satimanon & Lorraine Weatherspoon, 2013. "Price and Expenditure Elasticities for Fresh Fruits in an Urban Food Desert," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 50(1), pages 88-106, January.
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 1995.
"Determinants Of U.S. Household Expenditures On Fruit And Vegetables: A Note And Update,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., 1995. "Determinants of U.S. Household Expenditures on Fruit and Vegetables: A Note and Update," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 588-594, December.
- Capps, Oral & Love, John M., 1983.
"Determinants of Household Expenditure on Fresh Vegetables,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 127-132, December.
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Love, John M., 1983. "Determinants Of Household Expenditure On Fresh Vegetables," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(02), December.
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Cook, Roberta L., 1990. "Challenges And Opportunities In The U.S. Fresh Produce Industry," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 21(1), February.
- Geir Wæhler Gustavsen & Kyrre Rickertsen, 2006. "A Censored Quantile Regression Analysis of Vegetable Demand: The Effects of Changes in Prices and Total Expenditure," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(4), pages 631-645, December.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, April.
More about this item
KeywordsRepublic of Uganda; censored quantile regression; multivariate probit; ncome elasticity of expenditures; fresh fruits and vegetables; Agricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Institutional and Behavioral Economics; Marketing; Q12; Q13;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea14:162414. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.