Farmers' Perceptions about Spatial Yield Variability and Precision Farming Technology Adoption: An Empirical Study of Cotton Production in 12 Southeastern States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Daberkow, Stan G. & McBride, William D., 2001. "Decomposing The Size Effect On The Adoption Of Innovations: Agrobiotechnology And Precision Farming," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20527, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ruth Vargas Hill, 2006. "Coffee Price Risk in the Market: Exporter, Trader and Producer Data from Uganda," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-048, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Amir K. Abadi Ghadim & David J. Pannell & Michael P. Burton, 2005. "Risk, uncertainty, and learning in adoption of a crop innovation," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(1), pages 1-9, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michels, Marius & von Hobe, Cord-Friedrich & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2020. "Understanding the Adoption of Drones in German Agriculture," 60th Annual Conference, Halle/ Saale, Germany, September 23-25, 2020 305579, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaïb, 2014.
"Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences,"
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaib, 2015. "Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 15-03, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Roussy, Caroline & Ridier, Aude & Chaib, Karim, 2015. "Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences," Working Papers 206036, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Haberli, Caetano, Jr. & Oliveira, Tiago & Yanaze, Mitsuru, 2017. "Understanding the determinants of adoption of enterprise resource planning (ERP) technology within the agri- food context: the case of the Midwest of Brazil," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 20(5).
- Greiner, Romy & Miller, Owen & Patterson, Louisa, 2008. "The role of grazier motivations and risk attitudes in the adoption of grazing best management practices," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 6002, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- â€œBanâ€ Banerjee, Swagata & Martin, Steven W. & Roberts, Roland K. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Larson, James A. & Paxton, Kenneth W. & English, Burton C. & Marra, Michele C. & Reeves, Jeanne M., 2008.
"A Binary Logit Estimation of Factors Affecting Adoption of GPS Guidance Systems by Cotton Producers,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 345-355, April.
- â€œBanâ€ Banerjee, Swagata & Martin, Steven W. & Roberts, Roland K. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Larson, James A. & Paxton, Kenneth W. & English, Burton C. & Marra, Michele C. & Reeves, Jeanne M., 2008. "A Binary Logit Estimation of Factors Affecting Adoption of GPS Guidance Systems by Cotton Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 345-355, April.
- Banerjee, Swagata (Ban) & Martin, Steven W. & Roberts, Roland K. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Larson, James A. & Paxton, Kenneth W. & English, Burton C. & Marra, Michele C. & Reeves, Jeanne M., 2008. "A Binary Logit Estimation of Factors Affecting Adoption of GPS Guidance Systems by Cotton Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(1), pages 1-11, April.
- Beatrice Dingha & Leah Sandler & Arnab Bhowmik & Clement Akotsen-Mensah & Louis Jackai & Kevin Gibson & Ronald Turco, 2019. "Industrial Hemp Knowledge and Interest among North Carolina Organic Farmers in the United States," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-17, May.
- Greiner, Romy & Patterson, Louisa & Miller, Owen, 2009. "Motivations, risk perceptions and adoption of conservation practices by farmers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 86-104, February.
- Beltran, Jesusa C. & Pannell, David J. & Doole, Graeme J. & White, Benedict, 2011. "Factors that affect the use of herbicides in Philippine rice farming systems," Working Papers 108769, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- McLeod, Elizabeth & Jensen, Kimberly & Griffith, Andrew & Lewis, Karen, 2017. "Tennessee Beef Producers' Willingness to Participate in a Tennessee Branded Beef Program," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252649, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Fariña, S.R. & Alford, A. & Garcia, S.C. & Fulkerson, W.J., 2013. "An integrated assessment of business risk for pasture-based dairy farm systems intensification," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 10-20.
- Kondylis, Florence & Mueller, Valerie, 2012. "Seeing is Believing? Evidence from a Demonstration Plot Experiment in Mozambique:," MSSP working papers 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fateh Mamine & Noure El Imène Boumali & Etienne Montaigne & Fodil Arbouche, 2020. "Why Farmers Adopt Agro-Industrial By-Products in Animal Feed? Lesson Learned in Algerian Case," Post-Print hal-02966547, HAL.
- Danne, M. & Musshoff, O. & Schulte, M., 2019.
"Analysing the importance of glyphosate as part of agricultural strategies: A discrete choice experiment,"
Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 189-207.
- Danne, Michael & Mußhoff, Oliver & Schulte, Michael, 2018. "Analysing the importance of glyphosate as part of agricultural srategies: A discrete choice experiment," DARE Discussion Papers 1802, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Anne V Bossange & Kandace M Knudson & Anil Shrestha & Ronald Harben & Jeffrey P Mitchell, 2016. "The Potential for Conservation Tillage Adoption in the San Joaquin Valley, California: A Qualitative Study of Farmer Perspectives and Opportunities for Extension," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(12), pages 1-21, December.
- Delavande, Adeline & Giné, Xavier & McKenzie, David, 2011.
"Measuring subjective expectations in developing countries: A critical review and new evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 151-163, March.
- Delavande, Adeline & Gine, Xavier & McKenzie, David, 2009. "Measuring Subjective Expectations in Developing Countries: A Critical Review and New Evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4824, The World Bank.
- Kuehne, Geoff & Llewellyn, Rick S. & Pannell, David J. & Wilkinson, Roger & Dolling, P. & Ewing, Michael A., 2011. "ADOPT: a tool for predicting adoption of agricultural innovations," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100570, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Demont, Matty & Tollens, Eric, 2001. "Uncertainties Of Estimating The Welfare Effects Of Agricultural Biotechnology In The European Union," Working Papers 31828, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Kaywana Raeburn & Jim Engle-Warnick & Sonia Laszlo, 2016. "Resolving Ambiguity as a Public Good: Experimental Evidence from Guyana," CIRANO Working Papers 2016s-41, CIRANO.
- FranÃ§ois J Dessart & JesÃºs Barreiro-HurlÃ© & RenÃ© van Bavel, 2019. "Behavioural factors affecting the adoption of sustainable farming practices: a policy-oriented review," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 46(3), pages 417-471.
- Nicholas Magnan & Abby M. Love & Fulgence J. Mishili & Ganna Sheremenko, 2020. "Husbands’ and wives’ risk preferences and improved maize adoption in Tanzania," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 51(5), pages 743-758, September.
- Khataza, Robertson R.B. & Doole, Graeme J. & Kragt, Marit E. & Hailu, Atakelty, 2018. "Information acquisition, learning and the adoption of conservation agriculture in Malawi: A discrete-time duration analysis," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 299-307.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Farm Management; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-04-16 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea11:98689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.