China’s Soybean Imports — Price Impacts using a Production System Approach
A differential production model is applied to study how soybean and soybean oil imports from the U.S., Brazil and Argentina compete on China’s markets and how China’s domestic prices of soybean meal and oil impact the country’s imports. The results support a presumption that China’s soybean imports from global markets are impacted by China’s domestic soybean meal price but not by the soybean oil price.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muhammad, Andrew & Jones, Keithly G. & Hahn, William F., 2007.
"The Impact of Domestic and Import Prices on U.S. Lamb Imports: A Production System Approach,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 36(2), October.
- Muhammad, Andrew & Jones, Keithly G. & Hahn, William F., 2007. "The Impact of Domestic and Import Prices on U.S. Lamb Imports: A Production System Approach," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 293-303, October.
- Song, Baohui & Marchant, Mary A. & Reed, Michael R. & Xu, Shuang, 2009. "Competitive Analysis and Market Power of Chinaâ€™s Soybean Import Market," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 12(1).
- Davis, George C. & Jensen, Kimberly L., 1994. "Two-Stage Utility Maximization And Import Demand Systems Revisited: Limitations And An Alternative," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
- Andrew Muhammad, 2007. "The impact of increasing non-agricultural market access on EU demand for imported fish: implications for Lake Victoria chilled fillet exports," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 461-477, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea10:56528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.