Smallholder Farmers Participation in Livestock Markets: The Case of Zambian Farmers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nigel Key & Elisabeth Sadoulet & Alain De Janvry, 2000. "Transactions Costs and Agricultural Household Supply Response," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 245-259.
- Lapar, M. L. & Holloway, G. & Ehui, S., 2003. "Policy options promoting market participation among smallholder livestock producers: a case study from the Phillipines," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 187-211, June.
- Costales, Achilles & Delgado, Christopher L. & Catelo, Maria Angeles & Lapar, Ma. Lucila & Tiongco, Marites & Ehui, Simeon K. & Bautista, Anne Zillah, 2007. "Scale and access issues affecting smallholder hog producers in an expanding peri-urban market: Southern Luzon, Philippines," Research reports 151, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ehui, Simeon K. & Benin, Samuel & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2009. "Policy Options for Improving Market Participation and Sales of Smallholder Livestock Producers: A case study of Ethiopia," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51789, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Muyanga, Milu & Jayne, Thomas S. & Burke, William J., 2011. "Pathways into and out of Poverty: A Study of Household Wealth Dynamics in Rural Kenya," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103377, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nyein Nyein Kyaw & Soojung Ahn & Sang Hyeon Lee, 2018. "Analysis of the Factors Influencing Market Participation among Smallholder Rice Farmers in Magway Region, Central Dry Zone of Myanmar," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-15, November.
- Kafle, Kashi R., 2014. "Is There More than Milk? The Impact of Heifer International’s Livestock Donation Program on Rural Livelihoods: Preliminary Findings from a Field Experiment in Zambia," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170629, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Makau, Joyce Mumbua & Irungu, Patrick & Nyikal, Rose Adhiambo & Kirimi, Lilian Wambui, 2016. "An assessment of the effect of a national fertiliser subsidy programme on farmer participation in private fertiliser markets in the North Rift region of Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(4), pages 1-13, December.
- Mofya-Mukuka, Rhoda & Shipekesa, Arthur M., 2013. "Value Chain Analysis of the Groundnuts Sector in the Eastern Province of Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 171869, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Mukundi, Eric & Mathenge, Mary K. & Ngigi, Margaret, 2013. "Sweet Potato Marketing Among Smallholder Farmers: The Role of Collective Action," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160679, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midcwp:140902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.