Governing the Co-existence of GM Crops: Ex-Ante Regulation and Ex-Post Liability under Uncertainty and Irreversibility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Murray, Catherine, 2005. "Social Capital and Cooperation in Central and Eastern Europe: A Theoretical Perspective," Institutional Change in Agriculture and Natural Resources Discussion Papers 18831, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Eric Tollens, 2004.
"Biodiversity versus transgenic sugar beet: the one euro question,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Demont, Matty & Wesseler, Justus & Tollens, Eric, 2002. "Biodiversity Versus Transgenic Sugar Beet: The One Euro Question," Working Papers 31859, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Demont, Matty & Wesseler, Justus & Tollens, Eric, 2003. "Biodiversity versus Transgenic Sugar Beet: The One Euro Question," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25831, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Robert Weaver & Justus Wessler, 2004. "Monopolistic pricing power for transgenic crops when technology adopters face irreversible benefits and costs," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(15), pages 969-973.
- Beckmann, Volker & Wesseler, Justus, 2005. "Spatial Dimension Of Externalities And The Coase Theorem: Implications For Co-Existence Of Transgenic Crops," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19534, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Scatasta, Sara & Wesseler, Justus & Demont, Matty, 2005. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty and the Adoption of Transgenic Crops: the Case of BT-Maize in France," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24758, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Soregaroli, Claudio & Wesseler, Justus, 2005. "Minimum Distance Requirements and Liability: Implications for Co-Existence," MPRA Paper 33230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eggers, Jorg & Laschewski, Lutz & Schleyer, Christian, 2004. "Agri-Environmental Policy in Germany: Understanding the Role of Regional Administration," Institutional Change in Agriculture and Natural Resources Discussion Papers 18832, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Conner, David S., 2003. "Pesticides and Genetic Drift: Alternative Property Rights Scenarios," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(1).
- Kolstad, Charles D & Ulen, Thomas S & Johnson, Gary V, 1990. "Ex Post Liability for Harm vs. Ex Ante Safety Regulation: Substitutes or Complements?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 888-901, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kikulwe, Enoch M. & Birol, Ekin & Wesseler, Justus & Falck-Zepeda, Jose Benjamin, 2013. "Benefits, costs, and consumer perceptions of the potential introduction of a fungus-resistant banana in Uganda and policy implications," IFPRI book chapters,in: Falck-Zepeda, Jose Benjamin & GruÃ¨re, Guillaume P. & Sithole-Niang, Idah (ed.), Genetically modified crops in Africa: Economic and policy lessons from countries south of the Sahara, chapter 4, pages 99-141 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Consmuller, Nicola & Beckmann, Volker & Petrick, Martin, 2012. "Identifying driving factors for the establishment of cooperative GMO-free zones in Germany," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126531, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Skevas, Theodoros & Wesseler, Justus & Fevereiro, Pedro, 2009. "Coping with ex-ante regulations for planting Bt maize: the Portuguese experience," MPRA Paper 25609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Falck-Zepeda, José & Kilkuwe, Enoch & Wesseler, Justus, 2008. "Introducing a genetically modified banana in Uganda: Social benefits, costs, and consumer perceptions," IFPRI discussion papers 767, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Consmuller, Nicola & Beckmann, Volker & Petrick, Martin, 2011. "Towards GMO-free landscapes? Identifying driving factors for the establishment of cooperative GMO-free zones in Germany," 51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011 114493, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Maciejczak, Mariusz, 2015. "Will the institution of coexistence be re-defined by TTIP?," GMCC-15: Seventh GMCC, November 17-20, 2015, Amsterdam, the Netherlands 211478, International Conference on Coexistence between Genetically Modified (GM) and non-GM based Agricultural Supply Chains (GMCC).
- Skevas, Theodoros & Fevereiro, P. & Wesseler, Justus, 2008. "Coping with ex ante Regulations and ex post Liability Rules for Planting Bt-maize – The Portuguese Experience," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44189, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
Keywordsco-existence; GM crops; liability law; public regulation; technology adoption; Agricultural and Food Policy; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; K13; O33; Q18;
- K13 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Tort Law and Product Liability; Forensic Economics
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:huiain:18845. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iahubde.html .