Efficiency Of Wind Indexed Typhoon Insurance For Rice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Woodard, Joshua D. & Garcia, Philip, 2007. "Basis Risk and Weather Hedging Effectiveness," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9254, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jerry R. Skees & J. Roy Black & Barry J. Barnett, 1997. "Designing and Rating an Area Yield Crop Insurance Contract," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 430-438.
- Xavier Giné & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2008.
"Patterns of Rainfall Insurance Participation in Rural India,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 539-566, October.
- Gine, Xavier & Townsend, Robert & Vickery, James, 2007. "Patternsof rainfall insurance participation in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4408, The World Bank.
- Xavier Giné & Robert M. Townsend & James Vickery, 2007. "Patterns of rainfall insurance participation in rural India," Staff Reports 302, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Alfons Weersink & Szu-Hsuan Celia Chiang, 2006. "Pricing Weather Insurance with a Random Strike Price: The Ontario Ice-Wine Harvest," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 696-709.
- Jerry R. Skees & Barry J. Barnett, 2006. "Enhancing microfinance using index-based risk-transfer products," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 66(2), pages 235-250, September.
- Xiaohui Deng & Barry J. Barnett & Dmitry V. Vedenov & Joe W. West, 2007. "Hedging dairy production losses using weather-based index insurance," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 271-280, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Is index-based weather insurance useful?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2011-11-03 19:14:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Banerjee, Chirantan & Berg, Ernst, 2012. "Policy for implementation of Index Based Weather Insurance revisited: the case of Nicaragua," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122448, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsBasis risk; Typhoon; Index-based Insurance; Crop Production/Industries; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae11:114240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.