The Takayama and Judge Price and Allocation Model and its Application in Non-linear Techniques for Spatial Market Integration
The Takayama and Judge Allocation models serve as the theoretical foundation for spatial market integration analysis, and despite the large number of papers devoted to the topic, still the knowledge and understanding of the economic phenomena is fragile. By generating artificial economic data under an economic framework, it is expected to contribute to a better understanding of the topic and revise if the current econometric (threshold vector error correction models) techniques are suitable for the analysis or not. Following the static and equilibrium nature of the Takayama and Judge models, it was possible to introduce dynamics and disequilibrium in the model to generate artificial data: prices. Such artificial prices were used to get a first insight on how to address further research.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Bruce E. & Seo, Byeongseon, 2002.
"Testing for two-regime threshold cointegration in vector error-correction models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 293-318, October.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Hansen/Seo paper on threshold cointegration," Statistical Software Components RTZ00092, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Sam Peltzman, 1998.
"Prices Rise Faster Than They Fall,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
142, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Lo, Ming Chien & Zivot, Eric, 2001. "Threshold Cointegration And Nonlinear Adjustment To The Law Of One Price," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(04), pages 533-576, September.
- Goodwin, Barry K. & Piggott, Nicholas E., 1999.
"Spatial Market Integration In The Presence Of Threshold Effects,"
1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN
21489, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Barry K. Goodwin & Nicholas E. Piggott, 2001. "Spatial Market Integration in the Presence of Threshold Effects," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 302-317.
- Meyer, Jochen & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2002.
"Asymmetric Price Transmission: A Survey,"
2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain
24822, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bruce E. Hansen & Mehmet Caner, 1997.
"Threshold Autoregressions with a Unit Root,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
381, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kelvin Balcombe & George Rapsomanikis, 2008. "Bayesian Estimation and Selection of Nonlinear Vector Error Correction Models: The Case of the Sugar-Ethanol-Oil Nexus in Brazil," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 658-668.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Peter S. Sephton, 2003. "Spatial Market Arbitrage and Threshold Cointegration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 1041-1046.
- Gonzalo, J. & Pitarakis, J., 2005.
"Threshold effects in cointegrating relationships,"
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
0506, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Balke, Nathan S & Fomby, Thomas B, 1997.
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(3), pages 627-45, August.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Balke-Fomby threshold cointegration," Statistical Software Components RTZ00010, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Nathan S. Balke & Thomas B. Fomby, 1992. "Threshold cointegration," Research Paper 9209, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Seo, Myunghwan, 2006. "Bootstrap testing for the null of no cointegration in a threshold vector error correction model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 129-150, September.
- Takayama, T, 1994. "Thirty Years with Spatial and Intertemporal Economics," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 305-22, September.
- Cook, Steven, 2007. "A threshold cointegration test with increased power," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 73(6), pages 386-392.
- Paul L. Fackler & H�seyin Tastan, 2008. "Estimating the Degree of Market Integration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(1), pages 69-85.
- Takayama, T & Woodland, A D, 1970. "Equivalence of Price and Quantity Formulations of Spatial Equilibrium: Purified Duality in Quadratic and Concave Programming," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(6), pages 889-906, November.
- Christopher B. Barrett & Jau Rong Li, 2002. "Distinguishing between Equilibrium and Integration in Spatial Price Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 292-307.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae11:114225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.