Using Extraneous Information and GMM to Estimate Threshold Parameters in TAR Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Davidson, James, 1994. "Stochastic Limit Theory: An Introduction for Econometricians," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774037.
- Kapetanios, George, 2000. "Small sample properties of the conditional least squares estimator in SETAR models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 267-276, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sinem Hacıoğlu Hoke & George Kapetanios, 2021.
"Common correlated effect cross‐sectional dependence corrections for nonlinear conditional mean panel models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(1), pages 125-150, January.
- Hacioglu Hoke, Sinem & Kapetanios, George, 2017. "Common correlated effect cross-sectional dependence corrections for non-linear conditional mean panel models," Bank of England working papers 683, Bank of England.
- Paulo M.D.C. Parente & Richard J. Smith, 2018.
"Quasi-Maximum Likelihood and the Kernel Block Bootstrap for Nonlinear Dynamic Models,"
Working Papers REM
2018/59, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Paulo Parente & Richard J. Smith, 2019. "Quasi-maximum likelihood and the kernel block bootstrap for nonlinear dynamic models," CeMMAP working papers CWP60/19, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Biqing Cai & Jiti Gao & Dag Tjøstheim, 2017.
"A New Class of Bivariate Threshold Cointegration Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 288-305, April.
- Biqing Cai & Jiti Gao & Dag Tjostheim, 2015. "A New Class of Bivariate Threshold Cointegration Models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 1/15, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Čížek, Pavel, 2008.
"General Trimmed Estimation: Robust Approach To Nonlinear And Limited Dependent Variable Models,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(6), pages 1500-1529, December.
- Cizek, P., 2004. "General Trimmed Estimation : Robust Approach to Nonlinear and Limited Dependent Variable Models," Discussion Paper 2004-130, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hendrik Thiel & Stephan L. Thomsen, 2015.
"Individual Poverty Paths and the Stability of Control-Perception,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
794, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Thiel, Hendrik & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2015. "Individual Poverty Paths and the Stability of Control-Perception," IZA Discussion Papers 9334, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Brüggemann, Ralf & Jentsch, Carsten & Trenkler, Carsten, 2016.
"Inference in VARs with conditional heteroskedasticity of unknown form,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 69-85.
- Ralf Brüggemann & Carsten Jentsch & Carsten Trenkler, 2014. "Inference in VARs with Conditional Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2014-13, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Brüggemann, Ralf & Jentsch, Carsten & Trenkler, Carsten, 2014. "Inference in VARs with Conditional Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Working Papers 14-21, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Martins-Filho, Carlos & Yao, Feng & Torero, Maximo, 2018.
"Nonparametric Estimation Of Conditional Value-At-Risk And Expected Shortfall Based On Extreme Value Theory,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 23-67, February.
- Carlos Martins-Filho & Feng Yao & Maximo Torero, 2012. "Nonparametric estimation of conditional value-at-risk and expected shortfall based on extreme value theory," Working Papers 13-05, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Massacci, Daniele, 2017. "Least squares estimation of large dimensional threshold factor models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 101-129.
- Davidson James & Rambaccussing Dooruj, 2015.
"A Test of the Long Memory Hypothesis Based on Self-Similarity,"
Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 115-141, July.
- Rambaccussing, Dooruj & Davidson, James, 2015. "A test of long memory hypothesis based on self-similarity," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-81, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- James Davidson & Dooruj Rambaccussing, 2015. "A test of the long memory hypothesis based on self-similarity," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 286, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Goldman Elena & Tsurumi Hiroki, 2005. "Bayesian Analysis of a Doubly Truncated ARMA-GARCH Model," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-38, June.
- Chihwa Kao & Lorenzo Trapani & Giovanni Urga, 2012. "Testing for Instability in Covariance Structures," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 131, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Antoine Djogbenou & Silvia Gonçalves & Benoit Perron, 2015. "Bootstrap inference in regressions with estimated factors and serial correlation," CIRANO Working Papers 2015s-20, CIRANO.
- Qiu, Jin & Ma, Qing & Wu, Lang, 2019. "A moving blocks empirical likelihood method for panel linear fixed effects models with serial correlations and cross-sectional dependences," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 394-405.
- Koo, Bonsoo & Seo, Myung Hwan, 2015.
"Structural-break models under mis-specification: Implications for forecasting,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 188(1), pages 166-181.
- Boonsoo Koo & Myung Hwan Seo, 2013. "Structural-break models under mis-specification: implications for forecasting," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 8/13, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Boonsoo Koo & Myung Hwan Seo, 2013. "Structural-break models under mis-specification: implications for forecasting," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/13, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin, 2002.
"Long-Run Structural Modelling,"
Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 49-87.
- Pesaran,H.M. & Shin,Y., 1995. "Long-Run Structural Modelling," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9419, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mohammad Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin, 1999. "Long-Run Structural Modelling," Edinburgh School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 44, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Marian Vavra, 2012. "A Note on the Finite Sample Properties of the CLS Method of TAR Models," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1206, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- George Kapetanios, 2003. "A New Nonparametric Test of Cointegration Rank," Working Papers 482, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Kapetanios, G. & Tzavalis, E., 2010. "Modeling structural breaks in economic relationships using large shocks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 417-436, March.
- In Choi, 2019. "Unit Root Tests for Dependent Micropanels," The Japanese Economic Review, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 145-167, June.
- Eric Hillebrand & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2016.
"Nonlinearity, Breaks, and Long-Range Dependence in Time-Series Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Eric Hillebrand & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2012. "Nonlinearity, Breaks, and Long-Range Dependence in Time-Series Models," CREATES Research Papers 2012-30, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
More about this item
KeywordsThreshold Models; GMM; Bootstrap;
All these keywords.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qmw:qmwecw:494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Owen) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Nicholas Owen to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deqmwuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.