Common Agricultural Policy Impacts on Farm Revenues
The aim of this paper is twofold. Firstly, we investigate the regional distribution of support of EU’s Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). Also, we employ structural data of the regions to calculate average farm revenues and to show how support and revenues have developed over time. We analyse the stabilisation effect generated by these transfers. This is investigated for the market price support, the first pillar payments and one agri-environmental program. Secondly, several parameters affecting level of support, development of support and instability of support are analysed, such as natural conditions for farming and regional economic structure. New contributions to the literature are the use of community data and the inclusion of a second-pillar program. The results show that there is an overall stabilisation effect of the EU’s CAP but this effect is not equal for all regions. Furthermore, our findings indicate that favourable natural conditions increase the level of support per farm.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Allanson, 2007.
"Classical Horizontal Inequities in the Provision of Agricultural Income Support,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 656-671.
- Allanson, Paul, 2005. "Classical Horizontal Inequities in the Provision of Agricultural Income Support," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24769, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Paul Allanson, 2005. "Classical Horizontal Inequities in the Provision of Agricultural Income Support," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 177, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Anders, Sven & Harsche, Johannes & Herrmann, Roland & Salhofer, Klaus, 2004.
"Regional income effects of producer support under the CAP,"
Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR),
INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 73.
- Sven Anders & Harsche, Johannes & Roland Herrmann & Klaus Salhofer, 2004. "Regional income effects of producer support under the CAP," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 73, pages 103-121.
- Sven Anders & Johannes Harsche & Roland Herrmann & Klaus Salhofer, 2004. "Regional income effects of producer support under the CAP," Post-Print hal-01201081, HAL.
- Cuddy, John D A & Della Valle, P A, 1978. "Measuring the Instability of Time Series Data," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 40(1), pages 79-85, February.
- Paul Allanson, 2006. "The Redistributive Effects of Agricultural Policy on Scottish Farm Incomes," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 117-128, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae08:44409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.