Impact of Alternative Implementations of the Agenda 2000 Mid Term Review
An agricultural sector model for ex ante policy analysis is developed and applied for the simulation of alternative implementations of the Agenda 2000 Mid Term Review (MTR). The model uses an adapted version of Positive Mathematical Programming allowing simultaneous modelling of individual farms. It applies farm level calibrated quadratic cost functions to a sample of the Farm Accountancy Data Network to account for the large variability among farms. The farm level approach is important for the evaluation of the MTR, because MTR policy instruments rely on differences between farms. Extending the model for coping with the MTR implies three important elements: i) modelling the activation of decoupled direct payment entitlements, ii) simulating the modulation and iii) the transfers of direct payment entitlements. While most MTR analysis's focus on the first element, the current paper also tries to deal with the two last elements of the MTR.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Offermann, Frank & Kleinhanss, Werner & Huettel, Silke & Kuepker, Bernd, 2005. "Assessing the 2003 CAP Reform Impacts on German Agriculture Using the Farm Group Model FARMIS," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 234635, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Guindé, Loïc & Millet, Guy & Rozakis, Stelios & Sourie, Jean-Claude & Tréguer, David, 2005. "The CAP Mid-Term Reform Impacts to French Cereal-Oriented Farms," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 232607, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Casado, José María & Gracia, Azucena, 2005. "An Assessment of the Luxembourg Agreement on the Spanish Agricultural Sector: an Econometric Model," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 232589, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lips, Markus, 2004. "The Cap Mid Term Review And The Wto Doha Round; Analyses For The Netherlands, Eu And Accession Countries," Report Series 29092, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Thomas Heckelei & Hendrik Wolff, 2003. "Estimation of constrained optimisation models for agricultural supply analysis based on generalised maximum entropy," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 27-50, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae05:24589. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.