Can Wood Pellets Save Coal?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian M. Dobbs, 2004. "Replacement Investment: Optimal Economic Life Under Uncertainty," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5-6), pages 729-757.
- G. Scott Smith & Michael E. Wetzstein, 1992. "A Stochastic Asset Replacement Model for Rejuvenated Assets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(2), pages 378-387.
- Oscar R. Burt, 1965. "Optimal Replacement under Risk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 47(2), pages 324-346.
- John W. McClelland & Micheal E. Wetzstein & Richard K. Noles, 1989. "Optimal Replacement Policies for Rejuvenated Assets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(1), pages 147-157.
- Anthony H. Chisholm, 1966. "Criteria for Determining the Optimum Replacement Pattern," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 48(1), pages 107-112.
- Gregory Ibendahl & Matthew Farrell & Stan Spurlock & Jesse Tack, 2014. "Optimal replacement age of a conventional cotton harvester system," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 74(1), pages 2-16, April.
- Sekar, Ram C. & Parsons, John E. & Herzog, Howard J. & Jacoby, Henry D., 2007. "Future carbon regulations and current investments in alternative coal-fired power plant technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1064-1074, February.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1937. "Some Aspects of the Pure Theory of Capital," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 469-496.
- Robyn McLaughlin & Robert A. Taggart & Jr., 1992. "The Opportunity Cost of Using Excess Capacity," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(2), Summer.
- Basu, Prabir & Butler, James & Leon, Mathias A., 2011. "Biomass co-firing options on the emission reduction and electricity generation costs in coal-fired power plants," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 282-288.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stutzman, Sarah & Weiland, Brandon & Preckel, Paul & Wetzstein, Michael, 2017. "Optimal replacement policies for an uncertain rejuvenated asset," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 185(C), pages 21-33.
- McClelland John & Rust John, 2018. "Strategic Timing of Investment over the Business Cycle: Machine Replacement in the US Rental Industry," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 238(3-4), pages 295-351, July.
- Etherington, Dan M., 1977. "A Stochastic Model For The Optimal Replacement Of Rubber Trees," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Crane, Donald R. Jr. & Spreen, Thomas H., 1979. "A Conceptual Model Of The Stubble Replacement Decision For Florida Sugarcane Growers," 1979 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, Pullman, Washington 277828, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Reindorp, Matthew J. & Fu, Michael C., 2011. "Capital renewal as a real option," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(1), pages 109-117, October.
- Shafie, S.M. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H., 2013. "Life cycle assessment of rice straw co-firing with coal power generation in Malaysia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 284-294.
- Shoaib Mehmood & Bale V. Reddy & Marc A. Rosen, 2012. "Energy Analysis of a Biomass Co-firing Based Pulverized Coal Power Generation System," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-29, March.
- Ha-Duong, Minh & Nguyen-Trinh, Hoang Anh, 2017.
"Two scenarios for carbon capture and storage in Vietnam,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 559-569.
- Minh Ha-Duong & Hoang Anh Trinh Nguyen, 2017. "Two scenarios for carbon capture and storage in Vietnam," Post-Print hal-01597515, HAL.
- Minh Ha-Duong & Hoang Anh Nguyen Trinh, 2017. "Two scenarios for carbon capture and storage in Vietnam," Post-Print hal-01547646, HAL.
- Timothy J. Lowe & Paul V. Preckel, 2004. "Decision Technologies for Agribusiness Problems: A Brief Review of Selected Literature and a Call for Research," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 201-208.
- Magni, Carlo Alberto, 2016.
"Capital depreciation and the underdetermination of rate of return: A unifying perspective,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 54-79.
- Magni, Carlo Alberto, 2016. "Capital depreciation and the underdetermination of rate of return: A unifying perspective," MPRA Paper 77401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vincent Carret, 2021. "Rupture and continuity in the original divide between micro-dynamics and macro-dynamics," Working Papers halshs-03242180, HAL.
- Brake, John R. & Melichar, Emanuel, 1977. "Agricultural Finance and Capital Markets," A Survey of Agricultural Economics Literature, Volume 1: Traditional Fields of Agricultural Economics 1940s to 1970s,, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Klingelhöfer, Heinz Eckart, 2009. "Investments in EOP-technologies and emissions trading - Results from a linear programming approach and sensitivity analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(1), pages 370-383, July.
- Aviso, K.B. & Sy, C.L. & Tan, R.R. & Ubando, A.T., 2020. "Fuzzy optimization of carbon management networks based on direct and indirect biomass co-firing," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 132(C).
- Dumortier, Jerome, 2012. "Biomass Cofiring in Coal Power Plants and its Impact on Agriculture in the United States," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124944, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Stroh, Alexander & Alobaid, Falah & Busch, Jan-Peter & Ströhle, Jochen & Epple, Bernd, 2015. "3-D numerical simulation for co-firing of torrefied biomass in a pulverized-fired 1 MWth combustion chamber," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 105-116.
- Sonin, Isaac M. & Whitmeyer, Mark, 2020. "Some nontrivial properties of a formula for compound interest," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(C).
- Emmanouil Karampinis & Panagiotis Grammelis & Michalis Agraniotis & Ioannis Violidakis & Emmanuel Kakaras, 2014. "Co-firing of biomass with coal in thermal power plants: technology schemes, impacts, and future perspectives," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 384-399, July.
- Li, Jun & Brzdekiewicz, Artur & Yang, Weihong & Blasiak, Wlodzimierz, 2012. "Co-firing based on biomass torrefaction in a pulverized coal boiler with aim of 100% fuel switching," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 344-354.
- Karampinis, E. & Nikolopoulos, N. & Nikolopoulos, A. & Grammelis, P. & Kakaras, E., 2012. "Numerical investigation Greek lignite/cardoon co-firing in a tangentially fired furnace," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 514-524.
More about this item
KeywordsLand Economics/Use; Risk and Uncertainty; Production Economics;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-09-24 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea17:258250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.