Capital Equipment Replacement Decisions
This paper reviews the literature on the optimal replacement of capital equipment, especially farm machinery. It also considers the influence of taxation and capital rationing on replacement decisions. It concludes that special taxation provisions such as accelerated depreciation and investment allowances are unlikely to greatly influence farmers' capital equipment replacement decisions in Australia.
Volume (Year): 63 (1995)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Innes, Robert & Carman, Hoy F., 1988. "Tax Reform And Beef Cow Replacement Strategy," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(02), December.
- Lynne, Gary D., 1988. "Machinery Replacement, Multiple Optima, and the 1986 Tax Reform Act," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(01), pages 179-187, July.
- Lynne, Gary D., 1988. "Machinery Replacement, Multiple Optima, And The 1986 Tax Reform Act," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- J. M. Bates & A. J. Rayner & P. R. Custance, 1979. "Inflation and Farm Tractor Replacement in the U.S.: A Simulation Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(2), pages 331-334.
- Douglas, Robert A. & Peterson, Deborah C. & Kokic, Philip & Parameswaran, Bhamathy, 1995. "A Note on Accelerated Depreciation and Investment Allowances," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(01), April.
- R. K. Perrin, 1972. "Asset Replacement Principles," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 54(1), pages 60-67.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:remaae:12533. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.