Implications of the Air Compliance Agreement for Livestock Producers
Nutrient management and air emissions continue to be an area of increased management control on all livestock operations as environmental regulations become more stringent. Agricultural producers must consider uncertainty surrounding the timing of and potential increases of environmental policy controls, such as emission taxes, when making future investment decisions. An optimal control theory framework was applied to a dairy farm facing an uncertain increase in emission taxes and an unknown date at which emission taxes will take effect. The optimal investment path considering these uncertainties was solved implicitly and compared to a full certainty case.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kort, P.M. & Farzin, Y.H., 2000.
"Pollution abatement investment when environmental regulation is uncertain,"
Other publications TiSEM
90e78d8b-95d9-4d17-9d0f-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Farzin, Y H & Kort, P M, 2000. " Pollution Abatement Investment When Environmental Regulation Is Uncertain," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 2(2), pages 183-212.
- Hartl, R.F. & Kort, P.M., 1995.
"Capital accumulation of a firm facing an emissions tax,"
1995-78, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Richard Hartl & Peter Kort, 1996. "Capital accumulation of a firm facing an emissions tax," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 63(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Hartl, R.F. & Kort, P.M., 1995. "Capital Accumulation of a Firm Facing an Emissions Tax," Papers 9578, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.