The Pigouvian Tax Rule in the Presence of an Eco-Industry
Pollution abatement goods and services are now largely being delivered by a specialized "eco-industry". This note reconsiders Pigouvian taxes in this context. We find that the optimal emission tax will depart from the marginal social cost of pollution according to the polluters' and the environment firms' relative market power.
Volume (Year): 33 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buchanan, James M, 1969. "External Diseconomies, Corrective Taxes, and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 174-77, March.
- Stephen Smith, 1992. "Taxation and the environment: a survey," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 21-57, January.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2005.
"Environmental regulation and the eco-industry,"
- Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné & Maia David, 2005. "Environmental Regulationand the Eco-Industry," Working Papers 2005.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2004. "Environmental Regulation and the Eco-industry," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-42, CIRANO.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2004. "Environmental Regulation and the Eco-Industry," Working Papers 2004/06, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 1998. "Pollution, Pigouvian Taxes, and Asymmetric International Oligopoly," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-30, CIRANO.
- Barnett, A H, 1980. "The Pigouvian Tax Rule under Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1037-41, December.
- Kort, P.M. & Farzin, Y.H., 2000.
"Pollution abatement investment when environmental regulation is uncertain,"
Other publications TiSEM
90e78d8b-95d9-4d17-9d0f-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Farzin, Y H & Kort, P M, 2000. " Pollution Abatement Investment When Environmental Regulation Is Uncertain," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 2(2), pages 183-212.
- Katsoulacos, Yannis & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 1995.
" Environmental Policy under Oligopoly with Endogenous Market Structure,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 411-20, September.
- Katsoulacos, Yannis & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 1994. "Environmental Policy Under Oligopoly with Endogenous Market Structure," CEPR Discussion Papers 955, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Morgenstern, Richard, 1995. "Environmental Taxes: Dead or Alive?," Discussion Papers dp-96-03, Resources For the Future.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-12-00864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.