Role of trade in development and overview of Asia-Pacific LDCs’ performance in trade and investment
This chapter reiterates some truisms about the linkages between trade, trade liberalization and development. It also provides a statistical overview of the Asia-Pacific LDCs’ performance in trade and investment since 2000.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its series STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT with number
tipub2625_chap1.||Handle:|| RePEc:unt:ecchap:tipub2625_chap1||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 2000.
"Trade in Capital Goods,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series
dp-109, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Samuel, 1999. "International Technology Diffusion: Theory and Measurement," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 537-70, August.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1997.
"Trade Policy and Economic Development: How We Learn,"
NBER Working Papers
5896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1997. "Trade Policy and Economic Development: How We Learn," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Ben Shepherd & Gloria Pasadilla, 2010.
"ï»¿Trade in Services and Human Development : A First Look at the Links,"
Trade Working Papers
23269, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ben Shepherd & Gloria Pasadilla, 2010. "ï»¿Trade in Services and Human Development : A First Look at the Links," Governance Working Papers 23269, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ben Shepherd & Gloria Pasadilla, 2010. "ï»¿Trade in Services and Human Development : A First Look at the Links," Development Economics Working Papers 23269, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Greenaway, David & Hine, Robert C. & Wright, Peter, 1999. "An empirical assessment of the impact of trade on employment in the United Kingdom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 485-500, September.
- Kavoussi, Rostam M., 1984. "Export expansion and economic growth : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 241-250.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unt:ecchap:tipub2625_chap1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mia Mikic)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.