Three Australian Asset-price Bubbles
In: Asset Prices and Monetary Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rappoport, Peter & White, Eugene N., 1993. "Was There a Bubble in the 1929 Stock Market?," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(03), pages 549-574, September.
- Michael J. Cooper, 2001. "A Rose.com by Any Other Name," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2371-2388, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Symposium on Bubbles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 13-18, Spring.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1981.
"Do Stock Prices Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Dividends?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 421-436, June.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1980. "Do Stock Prices Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Dividends?," NBER Working Papers 0456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer, 1990. "The Bubble of 1929: Evidence from Closed-End Funds," NBER Working Papers 3523, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chay Fisher & Christopher Kent, 1999. "Two Depressions, One Banking Collapse," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp1999-06, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Silberberg, R, 1975. "Rates of Return on Melbourne Land Investment, 1880-92," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 51(134), pages 203-217, June.
- Flood, Robert P & Hodrick, Robert J, 1990. "On Testing for Speculative Bubbles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 85-101, Spring.
- Eli Ofek & Matthew Richardson, 2003. "DotCom Mania: The Rise and Fall of Internet Stock Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1113-1138, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Judith Yates, 2011. "Housing in Australia in the 2000s: On the Agenda Too Late?," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Hugo Gerard & Jonathan Kearns (ed.), The Australian Economy in the 2000s Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Dieter Gerdesmeier & Hans‐Eggert Reimers & Barbara Roffia, 2010.
"Asset Price Misalignments and the Role of Money and Credit,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 377-407, Winter.
- Gerdesmeier, Dieter & Roffia, Barbara & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 2009. "Asset price misalignments and the role of money and credit," Working Paper Series 1068, European Central Bank.
- Gordon, Narelle & Watts, Edward & Wu, Qiongbing, 2014. "Information attributes, information asymmetry and industry sector returns," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 156-175.
- Gerdesmeier, Dieter & Reimers, Hans-Eggert & Roffia, Barbara, 2013. "Testing for the existence of a bubble in the stock market," Wismar Discussion Papers 01/2013, Hochschule Wismar, Wismar Business School.
- Nigel Stapledon, 2010. "A History of Housing Prices in Australia 1880-2010," Discussion Papers 2010-18, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
More about this item
Keywordsasset price bubble; Australian economic history;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbaacv:acv2003-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .