American Economic Growth before the Civil War: The Testimony of the Capital Stock Estimates
In: American Economic Growth and Standards of Living before the Civil War
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rothenberg, Winifred B., 1988. "The Emergence of Farm Labor Markets and the Transformation of the Rural Economy: Massachusetts, 1750–1855," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(03), pages 537-566, September.
- Elliot J. Berg, 1964. "Socialism and Economic Development in Tropical Africa," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(4), pages 549-573.
- -, 1964. "La economía cubana," Estudio Económico de América Latina y el Caribe, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1098, March.
- Adams, Donald R., 1975. "Residential Construction Industry in the Early Nineteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(04), pages 794-816, December.
- Smith, Walter B., 1963. "Wage Rates on the Erie Canal, 1828–1881," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 298-311, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2008.
"The American Frontier: Technology versus Immigration,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(2), pages 283-301, April.
- Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2004. "The American Frontier: Technology versus Immigration," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 7, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2008. "The U.S. Westward Expansion," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(1), pages 81-110, February.
- Alex Mourmouras & Peter Rangazas, 2009.
"Reconciling Kuznets and Habbakuk in a unified growth theory,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 149-181, June.
- Alex Mourmouras & Peter Rangazad, 2007. "Reconciling Kuznets and Habbakuk in a Unified Growth Theory," Working Papers wp200704, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Department of Economics.
- Alex Mourmouras & Peter Rangazas, 2007. "Wage Gaps and Development; Lessons from U.S. History," IMF Working Papers 07/105, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael R. Haines, 1998. "Health, Height, Nutrition, and Mortality: Evidence on the "Antebellum Puzzle" from Union Army Recruits in the Middle of the Nineteenth Century," NBER Historical Working Papers 0107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Robert C., 2012. "Technology and the great divergence: Global economic development since 1820," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-16.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:8008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .