Timothy J. Foxon
Science and Technology Policy Research (SPRU) Brighton, United Kingdom
School of Business, Management and Economics
University of Sussex
: +44 (0)1273 686758
+44 (0)1273 685865
Jubilee Building G08, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9SL
RePEc:edi:spessuk (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Chapters Books
- Barton, J. & Davies, L & Foxon, T.J. & Galloway, S. & Hammond, Geoff & O'Grady, Áine & Robertson, E. & Thomson, M., 2013. "Transition pathways for a UK low carbon electricity system : Comparing scenarios and technology implications," Realising Transition Pathways 44217, Realising Transition Pathways, University of Bath.
- David Bonilla & Tim Foxon, 2007. "Estimating demand for new car fuel economy in the UK 1970-2004 using a two-stage error correction model," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 23.2007, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2007.
- Tim J. Foxon & Peter J. Pearson, 2006. "Policy Processes for Low Carbon Innovation in the UK: Successes, failures and lessons," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 16.2006, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2006.
- Paul E. Brockway & Harry Saunders & Matthew K. Heun & Timothy J. Foxon & Julia K. Steinberger & John R. Barrett & Steve Sorrell, 2017. "Energy Rebound as a Potential Threat to a Low-Carbon Future: Findings from a New Exergy-Based National-Level Rebound Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Robertson, Elizabeth & O'Grady, Áine & Barton, John & Galloway, Stuart & Emmanuel-Yusuf, Damiete & Leach, Matthew & Hammond, Geoff & Thomson, Murray & Foxon, Tim, 2017. "Reconciling qualitative storylines and quantitative descriptions: An iterative approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 293-306.
- Ronan Bolton & Timothy J Foxon & Stephen Hall, 2016. "Energy transitions and uncertainty: Creating low carbon investment opportunities in the UK electricity sector," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 34(8), pages 1387-1403, December.
- Jack Miller & Timothy J. Foxon & Steve Sorrell, 2016. "Exergy Accounting: A Quantitative Comparison of Methods and Implications for Energy-Economy Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-22, November.
- Bolton, Ronan & Foxon, Timothy J., 2015. "Infrastructure transformation as a socio-technical process — Implications for the governance of energy distribution networks in the UK," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 90(PB), pages 538-550.
- Bale, Catherine S.E. & Varga, Liz & Foxon, Timothy J., 2015. "Energy and complexity: New ways forward," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 150-159.
- Hall, Stephen & Foxon, Timothy J., 2014. "Values in the Smart Grid: The co-evolving political economy of smart distribution," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 600-609.
- Edmunds, R.K. & Cockerill, T.T. & Foxon, T.J. & Ingham, D.B. & Pourkashanian, M., 2014. "Technical benefits of energy storage and electricity interconnections in future British power systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 577-587.
- Foxon, Timothy J., 2013. "Transition pathways for a UK low carbon electricity future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 10-24.
- Foxon, Timothy J. & Pearson, Peter J.G. & Arapostathis, Stathis & Carlsson-Hyslop, Anna & Thornton, Judith, 2013. "Branching points for transition pathways: assessing responses of actors to challenges on pathways to a low carbon future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 146-158.
- Nick Jagger & Tim Foxon & Andy Gouldson, 2013. "Skills constraints and the low carbon transition," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Hannon, Matthew J. & Foxon, Timothy J. & Gale, William F., 2013. "The co-evolutionary relationship between Energy Service Companies and the UK energy system: Implications for a low-carbon transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1031-1045.
- Timothy J. Foxon & Jonathan Köhler & Jonathan Michie & Christine Oughton, 2013. "Towards a new complexity economics for sustainability," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 187-208.
- Ronan Bolton & Timothy J Foxon, 2013.
"Urban infrastructure dynamics: market regulation and the shaping of district energy in UK cities,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 45(9), pages 2194-2211, September.
- Ronan Bolton & Timothy J Foxon, 2013. "Urban Infrastructure Dynamics: Market Regulation and the Shaping of District Energy in UK Cities," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 45(9), pages 2194-2211, September.
- Bale, Catherine S.E. & McCullen, Nicholas J. & Foxon, Timothy J. & Rucklidge, Alastair M. & Gale, William F., 2013. "Harnessing social networks for promoting adoption of energy technologies in the domestic sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 833-844.
- Bale, Catherine S.E. & Foxon, Timothy J. & Hannon, Matthew J. & Gale, William F., 2012. "Strategic energy planning within local authorities in the UK: A study of the city of Leeds," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 242-251.
- Teschner, Na'ama & McDonald, Adrian & Foxon, Timothy J. & Paavola, Jouni, 2012. "Integrated transitions toward sustainability: The case of water and energy policies in Israel," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 457-468.
- Pearson, Peter J.G. & Foxon, Timothy J., 2012. "A low carbon industrial revolution? Insights and challenges from past technological and economic transformations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 117-127.
- Foxon, Timothy J., 2011. "A coevolutionary framework for analysing a transition to a sustainable low carbon economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2258-2267.
- R. Bolton & T.J. Foxon, 2011. "Governing Infrastructure Networks For A Low Carbon Economy: Co-Evolution Of Technologies And Institutions In Uk Electricity Distribution Networks," Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 12(1), pages 2-27, March.
- Michael Nye & Lorraine Whitmarsh & Timothy Foxon, 2010.
"Sociopsychological perspectives on the active roles of domestic actors in transition to a lower carbon electricity economy,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 42(3), pages 697-714, March.
- Michael Nye & Lorraine Whitmarsh & Timothy Foxon, 2010. "Sociopsychological Perspectives on the Active Roles of Domestic Actors in Transition to a Lower Carbon Electricity Economy," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 42(3), pages 697-714, March.
- David Bonilla & Timothy Foxon, 2009. "Demand for New Car Fuel Economy in the UK, 1970-2005," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 43(1), pages 55-83, January.
- Neil Strachan & Tim Foxon & Junichi Fujino, 2008. "Low-Carbon Society (LCS) modelling," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(sup1), pages 3-4, December.
- Neil Strachan & Tim Foxon & Junichi Fujino, 2008. "Policy implications from the Low-Carbon Society (LCS) modelling project," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(sup1), pages 17-29, December.
- Terry Barker & S. Serban Scrieciu & Tim Foxon, 2008. "Achieving the G8 50% target: modelling induced and accelerated technological change using the macro-econometric model E3MG," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(sup1), pages 30-45, December.
- Barker, Terry & Ekins, Paul & Foxon, Tim, 2007. "Macroeconomic effects of efficiency policies for energy-intensive industries: The case of the UK Climate Change Agreements, 2000-2010," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 760-778, July.
- Jonathan Köhler & Terry Barker & Haoran Pan & Paolo Agnolucci & Paul Ekins & Tim Foxon & Dennis Anderson & Sarah Winne & Paul Dewick & Marcela Miozzo & Ken Green, 2007. "New lessons for technology policy and climate change: investment for innovation," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 156-161, March.
- Barker, Terry & Ekins, Paul & Foxon, Tim, 2007. "The macro-economic rebound effect and the UK economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4935-4946, October.
- Foxon, T.J. & Pearson, P.J.G., 2007. "Towards improved policy processes for promoting innovation in renewable electricity technologies in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1539-1550, March.
- Foxon, T. J. & Gross, R. & Chase, A. & Howes, J. & Arnall, A. & Anderson, D., 2005. "UK innovation systems for new and renewable energy technologies: drivers, barriers and systems failures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2123-2137, November.
- Robert Gross, Tim Foxon, 2003. "Policy support for innovation to secure improvements in resource productivity," International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(2), pages 118-130.
- T. J. Foxon & G. Mcilkenny & D. Gilmour & C. Oltean-Dumbrava & N. Souter & R. Ashley & D. Butler & P. Pearson & P. Jowitt & J. Moir, 2002. "Sustainability Criteria for Decision Support in the UK Water Industry," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 285-301.
- Timothy J. Foxon, 2000. "Resource Efficiency and Service Provision," Energy & Environment, , vol. 11(5), pages 587-595, September.
- Timothy J. Foxon, 2014. "Technological lock-in and the role of innovation," Chapters,in: Handbook of Sustainable Development, chapter 20, pages 304-316 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 3 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Timothy J. Foxon should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.