Reorienting Finance Towards Energy Efficiency: The Case of UK Housing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mazzucato, Mariana & Semieniuk, Gregor, 2018.
"Financing renewable energy: Who is financing what and why it matters,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 8-22.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Gregor Semieniuk, 2016. "Financing Renewable Energy: Who is Financing What and Why it Matters," SPRU Working Paper Series 2016-12, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Gouldson, Andy & Kerr, Niall & Millward-Hopkins, Joel & Freeman, Mark C. & Topi, Corrado & Sullivan, Rory, 2015. "Innovative financing models for low carbon transitions: Exploring the case for revolving funds for domestic energy efficiency programmes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 739-748.
- Huszár, Zsuzsa R. & Tan, Ruth S.K. & Zhang, Weina, 2017. "Do short sellers exploit industry information?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 118-139.
- Webber, Phil & Gouldson, Andy & Kerr, Niall, 2015. "The impacts of household retrofit and domestic energy efficiency schemes: A large scale, ex post evaluation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 35-43.
- Marchand, Robert D. & Koh, S.C. Lenny & Morris, Jonathan C., 2015. "Delivering energy efficiency and carbon reduction schemes in England: Lessons from Green Deal Pioneer Places," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 96-106.
- Sorrell, Steve, 2015. "Reducing energy demand: A review of issues, challenges and approaches," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 74-82.
- Uyarra, Elvira & Shapira, Philip & Harding, Alan, 2016. "Low carbon innovation and enterprise growth in the UK: Challenges of a place-blind policy mix," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 264-272.
- Geller, Howard & Harrington, Philip & Rosenfeld, Arthur H. & Tanishima, Satoshi & Unander, Fridtjof, 2006. "Polices for increasing energy efficiency: Thirty years of experience in OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 556-573, March.
- Raffaele Della Croce & Fiona Stewart & Juan Yermo, 2011. "Promoting Longer-Term Investment by Institutional Investors: Selected Issues and Policies," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2011(1), pages 145-164.
- Wüstenhagen, Rolf & Menichetti, Emanuela, 2012. "Strategic choices for renewable energy investment: Conceptual framework and opportunities for further research," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-10.
- Yu, Honghai & Fang, Libing & Du, Donglei & Yan, Panpan, 2017. "How EPU drives long-term industry beta," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 249-258.
- Stephen Hall & Timothy J Foxon & Ronan Bolton, 2017. "Investing in low-carbon transitions: energy finance as an adaptive market," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 280-298, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brown, Donal & Sorrell, Steve & Kivimaa, Paula, 2019. "Worth the risk? An evaluation of alternative finance mechanisms for residential retrofit," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 418-430.
- Sarah Hafner & Olivia James & Aled Jones, 2019. "A Scoping Review of Barriers to Investment in Climate Change Solutions," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-19, June.
- Alessandro Vercelli & Eric Clark & Andrew Gouldson, 2016. "Finance and Sustainability Synthesis Report of WP7," Working papers wpaper166, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Dragomirescu-Gaina, Catalin & Galariotis, Emilios & Philippas, Dionisis, 2021.
"Chasing the ‘green bandwagon’ in times of uncertainty,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Catalin Dragomirescu-Gaina & Emilios Galariotis & Dionisis Philippas, 2021. "Chasing the ‘green bandwagon’ in times of uncertainty," Post-Print hal-03142447, HAL.
- Polzin, Friedemann & Sanders, Mark, 2020. "How to finance the transition to low-carbon energy in Europe?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C).
- Copiello, Sergio, 2017. "Building energy efficiency: A research branch made of paradoxes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 1064-1076.
- Drivas, Kyriakos & Rozakis, Stelios & Xesfingi, Sofia, 2019. "The effect of house energy efficiency programs on the extensive and intensive margin of lower-income households’ investment behavior," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 607-615.
- Nadia Ameli & Paul Drummond & Alexander Bisaro & Michael Grubb & Hugues Chenet, 2020. "Climate finance and disclosure for institutional investors: why transparency is not enough," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 160(4), pages 565-589, June.
- Elie, Luc & Granier, Caroline & Rigot, Sandra, 2021. "The different types of renewable energy finance: A Bibliometric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C).
- Costantini, Valeria & Crespi, Francesco & Paglialunga, Elena & Sforna, Giorgia, 2020.
"System transition and structural change processes in the energy efficiency of residential sector: Evidence from EU countries,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 309-329.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Elena Paglialunga & Giorgia Sforna, 2018. "System Transition and Structural Change Processes in the Energy Efficiency of Residential Sector: Evidence from EU Countries," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-03, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Curtin, Joseph & McInerney, Celine & Ó Gallachóir, Brian, 2017. "Financial incentives to mobilise local citizens as investors in low-carbon technologies: A systematic literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 534-547.
- Yoon, Jungsub & Oh, Yoonhwan & Lee, Jeong-Dong, 2017. "The impact of policy consistency on technological competitiveness: A study on OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 425-434.
- Bogdan Klepacki & Barbara Kusto & Piotr Bórawski & Aneta Bełdycka-Bórawska & Konrad Michalski & Aleksandra Perkowska & Tomasz Rokicki, 2021. "Investments in Renewable Energy Sources in Basic Units of Local Government in Rural Areas," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(11), pages 1-17, May.
- Corrocher, Nicoletta & Cappa, Elisabetta, 2020. "The Role of public interventions in inducing private climate finance: An empirical analysis of the solar energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C).
- Xun Liu & Xiaoliang Yu & Simon Gao, 2019. "A quantitative study of financing efficiency of low‐carbon companies: A three‐stage data envelopment analysis," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 858-871, July.
- Elpida V. Tachmitzaki & Eleni A. Didaskalou & Dimitrios A. Georgakellos, 2019. "Energy Management Practices’ Determinants in Greek Enterprises," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Zaim, Osman & Uygurtürk Gazel, Tuğçe & Akkemik, K. Ali, 2017. "Measuring energy intensity in Japan: A new method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(2), pages 778-789.
- Bauwens, Thomas, 2019. "Analyzing the determinants of the size of investments by community renewable energy members: Findings and policy implications from Flanders," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 841-852.
- Filippo Corsini & Rafael Laurenti & Franziska Meinherz & Francesco Paolo Appio & Luca Mora, 2019.
"The Advent of Practice Theories in Research on Sustainable Consumption: Past, Current and Future Directions of the Field,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-19, January.
- Filippo Corsini & Rafael Laurenti & Franziska Meinherz & Francesco Appio & Luca Mora, 2019. "The Advent of Practice Theories in Research on Sustainable Consumption: Past, Current and Future Directions of the Field," Post-Print halshs-02292337, HAL.
- Taran Loper & Victoria L. Crittenden, 2017. "Energy Security: Shaping The Consumer Decision Making Process In Emerging Economies," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 8(1).
More about this item
Keywordsenergy efficiency; energy policy; green finance; demand side management (DSM); infrastructure;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sru:ssewps:2018-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/spessuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: University of Sussex Business School Communications Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/spessuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.