Bank Loan Classification and Provisioning Practices in Selected Developed and Emerging Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2003.
"Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much, too late?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 178-197, April.
- Luc Laeven & Giovanni Majnoni, 2002. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much too late?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns : too much, too late?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2749, The World Bank.
- International Monetary Fund, 2000. "Loan Review, Provisioning, and Macroeconomic Linkages," IMF Working Papers 00/195, International Monetary Fund.
- Claudia H Dziobek, 1996. "Regulatory and Tax Treatment of Loan Loss Provisions," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 96/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Larry D. Wall & Timothy W. Koch, 2000. "Bank loan-loss accounting: a review of theoretical and empirical evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 1-20.
- Timothy W. Koch & Larry D. Wall, 1999. "Banks' discretionary loan loss provisions: how important are constraints and asymmetries?," Proceedings 618, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buncic, Daniel & Melecky, Martin, 2013.
"Macroprudential stress testing of credit risk: A practical approach for policy makers,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 347-370.
- Buncic, Daniel & Melecky, Martin, 2011. "Macroprudential Stress Testing of Credit Risk: A Practical Approach for Policy Makers," Economics Working Paper Series 1139, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Buncic, Daniel & Melecky, Martin, 2012. "Macroprudential stress testing of credit risk : a practical approach for policy makers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5936, The World Bank.
- Buncic, Daniel & Martin, Melecky, 2011. "Macroprudential stress testing of credit risk: A practical approach for policy makers," MPRA Paper 33927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrick Honohan, 2004.
"Alternative Approaches to Taxing the Financial Sector: Wich is Best and Where Does Chile Stand?,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Luis Antonio Ahumada & J. Rodrigo Fuentes & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking Market Structure and Monetary Policy, edition 1, volume 7, chapter 11, pages 315-344
Central Bank of Chile.
- Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Alternative Approaches to Taxing the Financial Sector: Which is Best and Where Does Chile Stand?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 225, Central Bank of Chile.
- Tomislav Ridzak, 2012. "Are some Banks More Lenient in the Implementation of Placement Classification Rules?," Working Papers 32, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- Lepetit, Laetitia & Strobel, Frank & Dickinson, David G., 2012. "Does uncertainty matter for loan charge-offs?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 264-277.
- repec:eee:jaecon:v:63:y:2017:i:2:p:454-478 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jaecon:v:63:y:2017:i:2:p:307-328 is not listed on IDEAS
- Honohan, Patrick, 2003. "Avoiding the pitfalls in taxing financial intermediation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3056, The World Bank.
- Bholat, David & Lastra, Rosa & Markose, Sheri & Miglionico, Andrea & Sen, Kallol, 2016. "Non-performing loans: regulatory and accounting treatments of assets," Bank of England working papers 594, Bank of England.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and Banking Reform Finance and Financial Sector Development - Financial Intermediation Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Economic Adjustment and Lending Financial Crisis Management and Restructuring Urban Development - Municipal Financial Management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:15157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Thomas Breineder to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.