Impact Of Climate Change On Farmers In The Talensi District Of The Upper East Region Of Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marenya, Paswel P. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2007. "Household-level determinants of adoption of improved natural resources management practices among smallholder farmers in western Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 515-536, August.
- Acquah, H. de-Graft & Onumah, Edward E., 2011. "Farmers Perception and Adaptation to Climate Change: An Estimation of Willingness to Pay," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 3(4), pages 1-9, December.
- Nhemachena, Charles & Hassan, Rashid M., 2007. "Micro-level analysis of farmers' adaptation to climate change in Southern Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 714, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John M. Antle & Susan M. Capalbo, 2010.
"Adaptation of Agricultural and Food Systems to Climate Change: An Economic and Policy Perspective,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 386-416.
- John M. Antle & Susan M. Capalbo, 2010. "Adaptation of Agricultural and Food Systems to Climate Change: An Economic and Policy Perspective," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 386-416.
- Robert Kates, 2000. "Cautionary Tales: Adaptation and the Global Poor," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 5-17, April.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Christopher Bryant & Barry Smit & Michael Brklacich & Thomas Johnston & John Smithers & Quentin Chjotti & Bhawan Singh, 2000. "Adaptation in Canadian Agriculture to Climatic Variability and Change," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 181-201, April.
- Reilly, John, 1999. "What Does Climate Change Mean for Agriculture in Developing Countries? A Comment on Mendelsohn and Dinar," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 295-305, August.
- Ong, C. K. & Wilson, J. & Deans, J. D. & Mulayta, J. & Raussen, T. & Wajja-Musukwe, N., 2002. "Tree-crop interactions: manipulation of water use and root function," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 171-186, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- A. K. M. Abdullah Al-Amin & Tahmina Akhter & Abu Hayat Md. Saiful Islam & Hasneen Jahan & M. J. Hossain & Md. Masudul Haque Prodhan & Mohammed Mainuddin & Mac Kirby, 2019. "An intra-household analysis of farmers’ perceptions of and adaptation to climate change impacts: empirical evidence from drought prone zones of Bangladesh," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 156(4), pages 545-565, October.
- Smale, Melinda & Mathenge, Mary K. & Opiyo, Joseph, 2015. "Nonfarm Work and Fertilizer Use Among Smallholder Farmers in Kenya: A Cross-Crop Comparison," Working Papers 206441, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Herrera, Gabriel Paes & Lourival, Reinaldo & da Costa, Reginaldo Brito & Mendes, Dany Rafael Fonseca & Moreira, Tito Belchior Silva & de Abreu, Urbano Gomes Pinto & Constantino, Michel, 2018. "Econometric analysis of income, productivity and diversification among smallholders in Brazil," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 455-459.
- Rupsha Banerjee, 2015. "Farmers’ perception of climate change, impact and adaptation strategies: a case study of four villages in the semi-arid regions of India," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 75(3), pages 2829-2845, February.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2016. "Risk and Sustainable Crop Intensification," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246917, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Alam, Khorshed, 2015. "Farmers’ adaptation to water scarcity in drought-prone environments: A case study of Rajshahi District, Bangladesh," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 196-206.
- Smale, Melinda & Kusunose, Yoko & Mathenge, Mary K. & Alia, Didier, 2014. "Destination or Distraction? Querying the Linkage between Off-farm Income and Farm Investments in Kenya," Food Security International Development Working Papers 196829, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Wekesa, Bright Masakha, 2017. "Effect Of Climate Smart Agricultural Practices On Food Security Of Small Scale Farmers In Teso North Sub-County, Kenya," Research Theses 276427, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Ngo, Quang Thanh, 2016. "Farmers’ adaptive measures to climate change induced natural shocks through past climate experiences in the Mekong River Delta, Vietnam," MPRA Paper 78055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn & Bizimungu, Emmanuel & Birungi, Dorothy, 2016. "Risk and sustainable crop intensification: The case of smallholder rice and potato farmers in Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 1521, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Asfaw, Solomon & Savastano, Sara, 2015. "Topic: Building Resilience to Climate Change Through Social Protection and Climate-Smart Agriculture: Synergies and Trade-offs," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 210963, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kassie, Menale & Jaleta, Moti & Shiferaw, Bekele & Mmbando, Frank & Mekuria, Mulugetta, 2013. "Adoption of interrelated sustainable agricultural practices in smallholder systems: Evidence from rural Tanzania," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 525-540.
- Bjorn Van Campenhout & Emmanuel Bizimungu, 2018. "Risk and returns of sustainable crop intensification: The case of smallholder rice and potato farmers in Uganda," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 36(S2), pages 605-633, September.
- Asfaw, Solomon & McCarthy, Nancy & Paolantonio, Adriana & Cavatassi, Romina & Amare, Mulubrhan & Lipper, Leslie, 2015. "Diversification, Climate Risk and Vulnerability to Poverty: Evidence from Rural Malawi," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 230216, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mudombi, Grace, 2011. "Factors Affecting Perceptions and Responsiveness to Climate Variability Induced Hazards," Research Theses 198517, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Mudombi, Grace, 2011. "Factors affecting perceptions and responsiveness to climate variability induced hazards," Research Theses 157508, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Geremew Worku Kassie, 2017. "The Nexus between livelihood diversification and farmland management strategies in rural Ethiopia," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1275087-127, January.
- Mathenge, Mary K. & Smale, Melinda, 2013. "Off-farm Income and Fertilizer Investments by Smallholder Farmers in Kenya," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161470, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Hansen, James & Hellin, Jon & Rosenstock, Todd & Fisher, Eleanor & Cairns, Jill & Stirling, Clare & Lamanna, Christine & van Etten, Jacob & Rose, Alison & Campbell, Bruce, 2019. "Climate risk management and rural poverty reduction," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 28-46.
- Budhathoki, Nanda Kaji & Lassa, Jonatan A. & Pun, Sirish & Zander, Kerstin K., 2019. "Farmers’ interest and willingness-to-pay for index-based crop insurance in the lowlands of Nepal," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1-10.
More about this item
Keywordsspecific adaptive strategies; climate change; impacts; adaptation strategies; challenges militating adopting specific strategies; barriers; Balungu; Pwalugu;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zib:zbmjsa:v:3:y:2019:i:2:p:35-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zibeline International Publishing). General contact details of provider: https://myjsustainagri.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.