A replication of four quasi-experiments and three facts from "The effect of file sharing on record sales: an empirical analysis" (Journal of Political Economy, 2007)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Liebowitz, Stan J., 2016. "A replication of four quasi-experiments and three facts from 'The effect of file sharing on record sales: an empirical analysis' (Journal of Political Economy, 2007)," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-48, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
References listed on IDEAS
- Felix Oberholzer-Gee & Koleman Strumpf, 2007. "The Effect of File Sharing on Record Sales: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 1-42.
- Stan Liebowitz, 2016.
"How much of the decline in sound recording sales is due to file-sharing?,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 40(1), pages 13-28, February.
- Stan J. Liebowitz, 2016. "How much of the decline in sound recording sales is due to file-sharing?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 40(1), pages 13-28, February.
- Oberholzer-Gee, Felix & Strumpf, Koleman, 2016. "The effect of file sharing on record sales, revisited," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 61-66.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:lrk:eeaart:36_1_22 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordspiracy; file sharing; sound recordings; music; iTunes; Napster;
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- A Replication of Four Quasi-Experiments and Three Facts from ‘The Effect of File Sharing on Record Sales: An Empirical Analysis’ (Journal of Political Economy, 2007) (Economics e-journal 2016) in ReplicationWiki
- A replication of willingness-to-pay estimates in ‘An adding up test on contingent valuations of river and lake quality’ (Land Economics, 2015) (Economics e-journal 2017) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:201713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.