Explaining race, poverty, and gender disparities in advanced course-taking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph G. Altonji, 1995.
"The Effects of High School Curriculum on Education and Labor Market Outcomes,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 409-438.
- Joseph G. Altonji, 1992. "The Effects of High School Curriculum on Education and Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 4142, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heather Rose & Julian R. Betts, 2004. "The Effect of High School Courses on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 497-513, May.
- James J. Heckman & Paul A. LaFontaine, 2010.
"The American High School Graduation Rate: Trends and Levels,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(2), pages 244-262, May.
- James J. Heckman & Paul A. LaFontaine, 2007. "The American High School Graduation Rate: Trends and Levels," NBER Working Papers 13670, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman & Paul A. LaFontaine, 2008. "The American High School Graduation Rate: Trends And Levels," Working Papers 200828, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Heckman, James J. & LaFontaine, Paul A., 2007. "The American High School Graduation Rate: Trends and Levels," IZA Discussion Papers 3216, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Leanna Stiefel & Amy Ellen Schwartz & Ingrid Gould Ellen, 2007. "Disentangling the racial test score gap: Probing the evidence in a large urban school district," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 7-30.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003.
"Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 278-294, September.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003. "Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 10, Stata Users Group.
- Geiser, Saul & Santelices, Veronica, 2004. "The Role of Advanced Placement and Honors Courses in College Admissions," University of California at Berkeley, Center for Studies in Higher Education qt3ft1g8rz, Center for Studies in Higher Education, UC Berkeley.
- Patrick Royston, 2004. "Multiple imputation of missing values," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 227-241, September.
- Clive R Belfield & Milagros Nores & Steve Barnett & Lawrence Schweinhart, 2006. "The High/Scope Perry Preschool Program: Cost–Benefit Analysis Using Data from the Age-40 Followup," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(1).
- Klopfenstein, Kristin, 2004. "Advanced Placement: do minorities have equal opportunity?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 115-131, April.
- Mark C. Long & Patrice Iatarola & Dylan Conger, 2009. "Explaining Gaps in Readiness for College-Level Math: The Role of High School Courses," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 4(1), pages 1-33, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chris Ryan, 2017. "Secondary School Teacher Effects on Student Achievement in Australian Schools," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2017n11, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Vi-Nhuan Le & Louis T. Mariano & Susannah Faxon-Mills, 2016. "Can College Outreach Programs Improve College Readiness? The Case of the College Bound, St. Louis Program," Research in Higher Education, Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 57(3), pages 261-287, May.
- Dougherty, Shaun M. & Goodman, Joshua S. & Hill, Darryl V. & Litke, Erica G. & Page, Lindsay C., 2017.
"Objective course placement and college readiness: Evidence from targeted middle school math acceleration,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 141-161.
- Shaun Dougherty & Joshua Goodman & Darryl Hill & Erica Litke & Lindsay C. Page, 2015. "Objective Course Placement and College Readiness: Evidence from Targeted Middle School Math Acceleration," NBER Working Papers 21395, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:28:y:2009:i:4:p:555-576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .