Exports and economic growth: The case of South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Pittis, Nikitas, 1996. "Modelling the sterling-deutschmark exchange rate: Non-linear dependence and thick tails," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14, January.
- David Greenaway & David Sapsford, 1994.
"What does liberalisation do for exports and growth?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(1), pages 152-174, March.
- David Greenaway & David Sapsford, "undated". "What does Liberalisation do for Exports and Growth?," Working Papers ec4/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Subrata Ghatak & Chris Milner & Utku Utkulu, 1997. "Exports, export composition and growth : cointegration and causality evidence for Malaysia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 213-223.
- Michaely, Michael, 1977. "Exports and growth : An empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 49-53, February.
- C. F. Scheepers, 1982. "The International Trade Strategy of South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 50(1), pages 8-15, March.
- Jim Love & Ramesh Chandra, 2004. "Testing Export-Led Growth in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka Using a Multivariate Framework," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(4), pages 483-496, July.
- Merle Holden, 1993. "Lessons for South Africa from the New Growth and Trade Theories," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 61(4), pages 262-270, December.
- Urvashi Dhawan & Bagala Biswal, 1999. "Re-examining export-led growth hypothesis: a multivariate cointegration analysis for India," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 525-530.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Mohtadi, Hamid & Shabsigh, Ghiath, 1991. "Exports, growth and causality in LDCs : A re-examination," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 405-415, October.
- Nadeem Burney, 1996. "Exports and economic growth: evidence from cross-country analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(6), pages 369-373.
- Irene Henriques & Perry Sadorsky, 1996. "Export-Led Growth or Growth-Driven Exports? The Canadian Case," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 540-555, August.
- Kormendi, Roger C. & Meguire, Philip G., 1985. "Macroeconomic determinants of growth: Cross-country evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 141-163, September.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1996.
"Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 601-618, Nov.-Dec..
- James G. MacKinnon, 1995. "Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 918, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Pritchett, Lant, 1996. "Measuring outward orientation in LDCs: Can it be done?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 307-335, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahdi N. Ajmi & Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta, 2015.
"Causality between exports and economic growth in South Africa: evidence from linear and nonlinear tests,"
Journal of Developing Areas,
Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 49(2), pages 163-181, April-Jun.
- Ahdi N. Ajmi & Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Causality between Exports and Economic Growth in South Africa: Evidence from Linear and Nonlinear Tests," Working Papers 201339, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Yaya KEHO, 2017. "The Exports and Economic Growth Nexus in Cote D ivoire: Evidence from a Multivariate Time Series Analysis," Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(2), pages 135-146, June.
- Sheridan, Brandon J., 2014. "Manufacturing exports and growth: When is a developing country ready to transition from primary exports to manufacturing exports?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1-13.
- Komain Jiranyakul, 2010. "Recent evidence of the validity of the export-led growth hypothesis for Thailand," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 2151-2159.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:21:y:2009:i:5:p:603-617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .