The HIV|AIDS pandemic in South Africa: sectoral impacts and unemployment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bloom, David E. & Mahal, Ajay S., 1997.
"Does the AIDS epidemic threaten economic growth?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 105-124, March.
- David E. Bloom & Ajay S. Mahal, 1995. "Does the AIDS Epidemic Really Threaten Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devaragan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Robinson, Sherman, 1990. "Policy lessons from trade-focused, two-sector models," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 625-657.
- Cuddington, John T, 1993. "Modeling the Macroeconomic Effects of AIDS, with an Application to Tanzania," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(2), pages 173-189, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:5:p:843-860 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chijioke O. Nwosu, 2016. "The impact of health on the employment and earnings of young South Africans," Working Papers 601, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- de Araujo, Pedro & Murray, James, 2010. "A Life Insurance Deterrent to Risky Behavior in Africa," MPRA Paper 22675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- RUTTEN Martine & BLAKE Adam & REED Geoffrey, "undated". "The Economic Impact of Health Provision: A Preliminary CGE Assessment for the UK," EcoMod2003 330700128, EcoMod.
- Vasilakis, Chrysovalantis, 2012.
"The social economic impact of AIDS: Accounting for intergenerational transmission, productivity and fertility,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 369-381.
- Chrysovalantis VASILAKIS, 2010. "The social economic impact of AIDS: Accounting for intergenerational transmission, productivity and fertility," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2010046, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Judith Kabajulizi & Judith Kabajulizi & Mthuli Ncube, 2015. "The economy wide impact of HIV/AIDS and the funding dilemma in Africa: Evidence from a dynamic life cycle horizon," EcoMod2015 8563, EcoMod.
- Thurlow, James, 2007. "Is HIV/AIDS undermining Botswana's ‘success story'? implications for development strategy:," IFPRI discussion papers 697, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Enrico Lovász & Bernhard Schipp, 2009. "The Impact Of Hiv/Aids On Economic Growth In Sub-Saharan Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(2), pages 245-256, June.
- Roe, Terry L. & Smith, Rodney B.W., 2004. "Incorporating Epidemiological Projections Of Morbidity And Mortality Into An Open Economy Growth Model: Aids In South Africa," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20254, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Denis Cogneau & Michael Grimm, 2002.
"AIDS and Income Distribution in Africa; A Micro-simulation Study for Côte d'Ivoire,"
DT/2002/15, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Michael Grimm & Denis Cogneau, 2004. "AIDS and income distribution in Africa. A micro-simulation study for Cˆote d’Ivoire," Labor and Demography 0408006, EconWPA.
- Thornton, Rebecca L., 2012. "HIV testing, subjective beliefs and economic behavior," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 300-313.
- Ahmed,Syud Amer & Baris,Enis & Go,Delfin Sia & Lofgren,Hans & Osorio-Rodarte,Israel & Thierfelder,Karen E., 2017. "Assessing the global economic and poverty effects of antimicrobial resistance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8133, The World Bank.
- Rutten, Martine & Reed, Geoffrey, 2009. "A comparative analysis of some policy options to reduce rationing in the UK's NHS: Lessons from a general equilibrium model incorporating positive health effects," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 221-233, January.
- Louise Roos, 2013. "Modelling the impact of HIV/AIDS: A literature review," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-233, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Arndt, Channing & Wobst, Peter, 2002. "HIV/AIDS and labor markets in Tanzania," TMD discussion papers 102, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Smith, Rodney B.W., 2003. "Aids And Economic Growth In South Africa," Conference Papers 28072, University of the Free State, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Thurlow, James & George, Gavin & Gow, Jeff, 2009. "HIV/AIDS, growth and poverty in KwaZulu-Natal and South Africa: Integrating firm-level surveys with demographic and economywide modeling," IFPRI discussion papers 864, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Judith Kabajulizi, 2013. "Macroeconomic Implications Of Health Sector Reforms In Uganda: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," EcoMod2013 5158, EcoMod.
- Jocelyn Vass, 2005. "The Relationship Between Labour Market Dynamics And Hiv/Aids Prevalence In South Africa - A Literature Review," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 73(s1), pages 564-577, December.
- Arndt, Channing, 2002. "HIV/AIDS, human capital, and economic prospects for Mozambique," TMD discussion papers 88, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lucilla Maria Bruni & Jamele Rigolini & Sara Troiano, 2016. "Forever Young?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24996, The World Bank.
- Agbola, Frank W. & Damoense, Maylene Y. & Saini, Yvonne K., 2003. "HIV/AIDS and South Africa’s Agricultural Sector: Impact on Food Demand," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57824, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta & Roe, Terry L. & Smith, Rodney B.W., 2005. "The Impact of HIV on Total Factor Productivity," Bulletins 12976, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Jean-Marc MONTAUD & Mahamadou Roufahi TANKARI, 2013. "When social goals meet economic goals: the double dividend of extending free access to healthcare in Uganda," Working Papers 2012-2013_8, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jul 2013.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:13:y:2001:i:4:p:427-449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .