Health expenditure of employees versus self‐employed individuals; a 5 year study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goncalves, Judite & Martins, Pedro S., 2018.
"The Effect of Self-Employment on Health: Evidence from Longitudinal Social Security Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11305, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Judite Goncalves & Pedro S. Martins, 2018. "The effect of self-employment on health: Evidence from longitudinal social security data," Working Papers 88, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Elena Cottini & Paolo Ghinetti, 2018.
"Employment insecurity and employees' health in Denmark,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 426-439, February.
- Elena Cottini & Paolo Ghinetti, 2016. "Employment insecurity and employees’ health in Denmark," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def045, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Rivera, Berta & Currais, Luis, 1999. "Income Variation and Health Expenditure: Evidence for OECD Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 258-267, October.
- Zissimopoulos, Julie M. & Karoly, Lynn A., 2007. "Transitions to self-employment at older ages: The role of wealth, health, health insurance and other factors," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 269-295, April.
- Berta Rivera & Luis Currais, 1999. "Income Variation and Health Expenditure: Evidence for OECD Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 258-267, October.
- Ben B. Hansen, 2004. "Full Matching in an Observational Study of Coaching for the SAT," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 609-618, January.
- Ho, Daniel E. & Imai, Kosuke & King, Gary & Stuart, Elizabeth A., 2007. "Matching as Nonparametric Preprocessing for Reducing Model Dependence in Parametric Causal Inference," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 199-236, July.
- Ho, Daniel & Imai, Kosuke & King, Gary & Stuart, Elizabeth A., 2011. "MatchIt: Nonparametric Preprocessing for Parametric Causal Inference," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 42(i08).
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Chris Sampson’s journal round-up for 7th December 2020
by Chris Sampson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2020-12-07 12:00:03
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lenis, David & Ackerman, Benjamin & Stuart, Elizabeth A., 2018. "Measuring model misspecification: Application to propensity score methods with complex survey data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 48-57.
- Jennings, Wesley G. & Richards, Tara N. & Dwayne Smith, M. & Bjerregaard, Beth & Fogel, Sondra J., 2014. "A Critical Examination of the “White Victim Effect” and Death Penalty Decision-Making from a Propensity Score Matching Approach: The North Carolina Experience," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 384-398.
- Phuong Nguyen-Hoang, 2012. "Fiscal effects of budget referendums: evidence from New York school districts," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 77-95, January.
- Gonzalez-Ramirez, Maria Jimena & Kling, Catherine L. & Arbuckle, J. Gordon Jr., 2015. "Cost-share Effectiveness in the Adoption of Cover Crops in Iowa," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205876, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chervier, Colas & Le Velly, Gwenolé & Ezzine-de-Blas, Driss, 2019.
"When the Implementation of Payments for Biodiversity Conservation Leads to Motivation Crowding-out: A Case Study From the Cardamoms Forests, Cambodia,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 499-510.
- Colas Chervier & Gwenolé Le Velly & Driss Ezzine de Blas, 2019. "When the implementation of payments for biodiversity conservation leads to motivation crowding-out: a case study from the Cardamoms forests, Cambodia," Post-Print hal-01998874, HAL.
- Rigdon, Joseph & Berkowitz, Seth A. & Seligman, Hilary K. & Basu, Sanjay, 2017. "Re-evaluating associations between the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participation and body mass index in the context of unmeasured confounders," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 112-124.
- Stjepan Srhoj & Michael Lapinski & Janette Walde, 2019. "Size matters? Impact evaluation of business development grants on SME performance," Working Papers 2019-14, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Pavithra Harsha & Shivaram Subramanian & Joline Uichanco, 2019. "Dynamic Pricing of Omnichannel Inventories," Service Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(1), pages 47-65, January.
- Coelho, André Luiz Ribeiro Coutinho Berardo de Moraes & Menezes, Tatiane Almeida de & Paes , Nelson Leitão, 2018. "The impact of physicians’ decentralization on health services and economic growth," Revista Brasileira de Estudos Regionais e Urbanos, Associação Brasileira de Estudos Regionais e Urbanos (ABER), vol. 12(3), pages 277-291.
- Iacus, Stefano & Porro, Giuseppe, 2008. "Invariant and Metric Free Proximities for Data Matching: An R Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 25(i11).
- Alfredo M. Pereira & Rui M. Pereira & Pedro G. Rodrigues, 2019.
"Health care investments and economic performance in Portugal: an industry level analysis,"
Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 46(6), pages 1174-1200, October.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Rui Manuel Pereira & Pedro G. Rodrigues, 2017. "Health Care Investments and Economic Performance in Portugal: An Industry Level Analysis," GEE Papers 0083, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Nov 2017.
- Casey A. Klofstad & Benjamin G. Bishin, 2014. "Do Social Ties Encourage Immigrant Voters to Participate in Other Campaign Activities?," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 95(2), pages 295-310, June.
- Kevin Arceneaux & Johanna Dunaway & Martin Johnson & Ryan J. Vander Wielen, 2020. "Strategic Candidate Entry and Congressional Elections in the Era of Fox News," American Journal of Political Science, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 64(2), pages 398-415, April.
- Ghosh, Debashis, 2011. "Propensity score modelling in observational studies using dimension reduction methods," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(7), pages 813-820, July.
- Deng, Yongheng & McMillen, Daniel P. & Sing, Tien Foo, 2012. "Private residential price indices in Singapore: A matching approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 485-494.
- Judite Goncalves & Pedro S. Martins, 2018.
"The effect of self-employment on health: Evidence from longitudinal social security data,"
88, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Goncalves, Judite & Martins, Pedro S., 2018. "The Effect of Self-Employment on Health: Evidence from Longitudinal Social Security Data," IZA Discussion Papers 11305, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mühlböck Monika & Steiber Nadia & Kittel Bernhard, 2017. "Less Supervision, More Satisficing? Comparing Completely Self-Administered Web-Surveys and Interviews Under Controlled Conditions," Statistics, Politics and Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 13-28, October.
- Michelle Maroto, 2019. "Sharing or Limiting the Wealth? Coresidence, Parental Support, and Wealth Outcomes in Canada," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 102-116, March.
- Deng, Yongheng & McMillen, Daniel P. & Sing, Tien Foo, 2014. "Matching indices for thinly-traded commercial real estate in Singapore," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 86-98.
- Waltl, Sofie R., 2018.
"Estimating quantile-specific rental yields for residential housing in Sydney,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 204-225.
- Sofie R. Waltl, 2016. "Estimating aggregate quantile-specific gross rental yields for residential housing in Sydney," Graz Economics Papers 2016-09, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:29:y:2020:i:12:p:1606-1619. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.