The determinants of location choices for food processing plants
This article examines the determinants of location choices for new food processing plants using the results of a telephone survey. Six categories of business climate factors (market, infrastructure, labor, personal, environmental regulation, and fiscal policy) containing 41 specific location factors are considered. The survey responses are analyzed in their entirety, by types of raw products processed, and by plant size. Findings indicate that plant location choices are driven by market and infrastructural factors. Fiscal policies such as tax and development incentives are insignificant. Implications of the findings for devising incentive packages to attract new plants are given.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 5 (1989)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1983. "The Location and Employment Choices of New Firms: An Econometric Model with Discrete and Continuous Endogenous Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 440-49, August.
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1985. "Business Location Decisions in the United States: Estimates of the Effects of Unionization, Taxes, and Other Characteristics of States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 14-22, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:5:y:1989:i:6:p:619-632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.