Branded pork consumption in Taiwan: Analysis of market and product choice
This article studies branded pork consumption behavior in Taiwan. Because branded pork is only available in some markets, the consumer decision process involves two stages: the first relates to a consumer's choice of market, and the second is the consumer's product choice (frozen branded pork vs. fresh pork). The results of a two-stage consumer choice model are presented along with discussion of consumer preferences and purchase habits. The implications for developing branded, certified food products in rapidly developing Asian markets are discussed. © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, V Kerry & Johnson, F Reed, 1988. "How Do Risk Perceptions Respond to Information? The Case of Radon," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 1-8, February.
- Tauer, Loren W., 1992.
"The Value of Segmenting the Milk Market into bST-Produced and Non-bST-Produced Milk,"
128119, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Loren W. Tauer, 1994. "The value of segmenting the milk market into bST-Produced and Non-bST-Produced milk," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 3-12.
- Gregory A. Baker & Peter J. Crosbie, 1994. "Consumer preferences for food safety attributes: A market segment approach," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 319-324.
- Sukant Misra & Donna Grotegut & Kyle Clem, 1997. "Consumer attitude toward Recombinant Porcine Somatotropin," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 11-20.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:14:y:1998:i:2:p:127-138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.