Internal Rating – An Active Instrument In The Management Of Banking Risks. Case Study Bcr
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingo Fender & Nikola Tarashev & Haibin Zhu, 2008. "Credit fundamentals, ratings and value-at-risk: CDOs versus corporate exposures," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- R.W.J. van den Goorbergh & P.J.G. Vlaar, 1999.
"Value-at-Risk Analysis of Stock Returns Historical Simulation,Variance Techniques or Tail Index Estimation?,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
40, Netherlands Central Bank.
- R.W.J. van den Goorbergh & P.J.G. Vlaar, 1999. "Value-at-Risk analysis of stock returns: Historical simulation, varinace techniques or tail index estimation ?," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 579, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Mathias Drehmann & Nikola Tarashev, 2011. "Systemic importance: some simple indicators," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Borio, Claudio & Drehmann, Mathias & Tsatsaronis, Kostas, 2014.
"Stress-testing macro stress testing: Does it live up to expectations?,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 3-15.
- Claudio Borio & Mathias Drehmann & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2012. "Stress-testing macro stress testing: does it live up to expectations?," BIS Working Papers 369, Bank for International Settlements.
- William R. White, 2014. "The Prudential Regulation of Financial Institutions: Why Regulatory Responses to the Crisis Might Not Prove Sufficient," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1108, OECD Publishing.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo & Oliviero, Tommaso & Shin, Hyun Song, 2020.
"Low price-to-book ratios and bank dividend payout policies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
15615, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Tommaso Oliviero & Tommaso Hyun Song Shin, 2020. "Low price-to-book ratios and bank dividend payout policies," BIS Working Papers 907, Bank for International Settlements.
- Dion Bongaerts & K. J. Martijn Cremers & William N. Goetzmann, 2012.
"Tiebreaker: Certification and Multiple Credit Ratings,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 67(1), pages 113-152, February.
- Dion Bongaerts & Martijn Cremers & William Goetzmann, 2008. "Tiebreaker: Certification and Multiple Credit Ratings," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2394, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Dion Bongaerts & K.J. Martijn Cremers & William N. Goetzmann, 2009. "Tiebreaker: Certification and Multiple Credit Ratings," NBER Working Papers 15331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2009.
"Bank Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: Causes, Consequences, and Recent Trends,"
Springer Books, in: Alberto Zazzaro & Michele Fratianni & Pietro Alessandrini (ed.), The Changing Geography of Banking and Finance, edition 1, chapter 0, pages 155-183,
- Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2008. "Bank Cross-Border Merger and Acquisitions (Causes, consequences and recent trends)," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp08048, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2008. "Bank cross-border mergers and acquisitions (Causes, consequences and recent trends)," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 9, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Gorton, Gary & Huang, Lixin, 2006.
"Bank panics and the endogeneity of central banking,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1613-1629, October.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Bank Panics and the Endogeneity of Central Banking," NBER Working Papers 9102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Bank Panics and the Endogeneity of Central Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-29, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Ngozi G. Emenogu & Monday Osagie Adenomon & Nwaze Obini Nweze, 2020. "On the volatility of daily stock returns of Total Nigeria Plc: evidence from GARCH models, value-at-risk and backtesting," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 6(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Morten Balling, 2011. "Asymmetries in Financial Information, Risk and Know-how: The Roles of Disclosure Rules, Financial Safety Nets and Market Discipline," Chapters, in: Christopher J. Green & Eric J. Pentecost & Tom Weyman-Jones (ed.), The Financial Crisis and the Regulation of Finance, chapter 13, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ricci, Ornella, 2015. "The impact of monetary policy announcements on the stock price of large European banks during the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 245-255.
- Jobst, Andreas A., 2014.
"Measuring systemic risk-adjusted liquidity (SRL)—A model approach,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 270-287.
- Andreas Jobst, 2012. "Measuring Systemic Risk-Adjusted Liquidity (SRL): A Model Approach," IMF Working Papers 2012/209, International Monetary Fund.
- Benjamin M. Blau & Todd G. Griffith & Ryan J. Whitby, 2020. "Opacity and the comovement in the stock prices of banks," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 60(4), pages 3557-3580, December.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, Mahendrarajah, 2013. "The 2007–2009 financial crisis and bank opaqueness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 55-84.
- Alexandr Karminsky & Anatoly Peresetsky, 2009. "Ratings as Measure of Financial Risk: Evolution, Function and Usage," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 1-2, pages 86-102.
- Bernd Rudolph & Julia Scholz, 2008. "Driving Factors of the Subprime Crisis and Some Reform Proposals," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 14-19, October.
- Jean-Charles Rochet, 2003. "Réglementation prudentielle et discipline de marché," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 73(4), pages 201-212.
- Gropp, Reint E. & Köhler, Matthias, 2010. "Bank owners or bank managers: who is keen on risk? Evidence from the financial crisis," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-013, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Lara Mónica Machado Fernandes & Maria Rosa Borges, 2013. "Interbank Linkages and Contagion Risk in the Portuguese Banking System," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/23, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Samuel B. Bonsall & Brian P. Miller, 2017. "The impact of narrative disclosure readability on bond ratings and the cost of debt," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 608-643, June.
- Adrian Pop, 2009. "Beyond the Third Pillar of Basel Two: Taking Bond Market Signals Seriously," Working Papers hal-00419241, HAL.
- Fosu, Samuel & Danso, Albert & Agyei-Boapeah, Henry & Ntim, Collins G. & Murinde, Victor, 2018. "How does banking market power affect bank opacity? Evidence from analysts' forecasts," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 38-52.
More about this item
Keywordsrating system; managing risk; monitoring the credit; analysis of the customers;
All these keywords.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:17:y:2013:i:2:p:21-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Daniel Mateescu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.