Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Randall Eberts & Kevin Hollenbeck & Joe Stone, 2000. "Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 00-65, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Randall W. Eberts & Kevin Hollenbeck & Joe A. Stone, "undated". "Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles rwekhjs2002, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Canice Prendergast, 1999. "The Provision of Incentives in Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 7-63.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1996. "How Teachers' Unions Affect Education Production," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 671-718.
- Dale Ballou & Michael Podgursky, 1996. "Teacher Pay and Teacher Quality," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number tptq.
- Eberts, Randall W & Stone, Joe A, 1991.
"Unionization and Cost of Production: Compensation, Productivity, and Factor-Use Effects,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 171-185, April.
- Randall W. Eberts & Joe A. Stone, 1987. "Unionization and cost of production: compensation, productivity, and factor-use effects," Working Paper 8701, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Eberts, Randall W & Stone, Joe A, 1986. "Teacher Unions and the Cost of Public Education," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 631-643, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oscar Mitnik, 2008.
"How do Training Programs Assign Participants to Training? Characterizing the Assignment Rules of Government Agencies for Welfare-to-Work Programs in California,"
0907, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Mitnik, Oscar A., 2009. "How Do Training Programs Assign Participants to Training? Characterizing the Assignment Rules of Government Agencies for Welfare-to-Work Programs in California," IZA Discussion Papers 4024, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jaag, Christian, 2006. "Teacher Incentives," MPRA Paper 340, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy Bond & Kevin Mumford, 2017. "The Effect of Teacher Performance Pay on Adult Outcomes in the United States," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1289, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Jones, Michael D., 2013. "Teacher behavior under performance pay incentives," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 148-164.
- Anna Makles & Kerstin Schneider, 2017.
"Extracurricular educational programs and school readiness: evidence from a quasi-experiment with preschool children,"
Springer, pages 1181-1204.
- Anna Makles & Kerstin Schneider, 2014. "Extracurricular educational programs and school readiness: evidence from a quasi-experiment with preschool children," Schumpeter Discussion Papers SDP14012, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Makles, Anna & Schneider, Kerstin, 2014. "Extracurricular educational programs and school readiness: Evidence from a quasi-experiment with preschool children," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100631, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Anna Makles & Kerstin Schneider, 2016. "Extracurricular Educational Programs and School Readiness: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment with Preschool Children," CESifo Working Paper Series 5778, CESifo Group Munich.
- World Bank, 2009. "Findings from the Bhutan Learning Quality Survey," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17940, The World Bank.
- Helbach, Christoph & Keldenich, Klemens, 2012. "Teaching in the Lab: Financial Incentives in the Education Process," Ruhr Economic Papers 328, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Vikström, Johan, 2009. "Cluster sample inference using sensitivity analysis: the case with few groups," Working Paper Series 2009:15, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Martins, Pedro S., 2009.
"Individual Teacher Incentives, Student Achievement and Grade Inflation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4051, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martins, Pedro S., 2010. "Individual teacher incentives, student achievement and grade inflation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28285, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pedro S. Martins, 2009. "Individual Teacher Incentives, Student Achievement and Grade Inflation," Working Papers 29, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Pedro Martins, 2010. "Individual Teacher Incentives, Student Achievement and Grade Inflation," CEE Discussion Papers 0112, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Christoph Helbach & Klemens Keldenich, 2012. "Teaching in the Lab: Financial Incentives in the Education Process," Ruhr Economic Papers 0328, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Martin, Stephanie M., 2010. "The determinants of school district salary incentives: An empirical analysis of, where and why," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1143-1153, December.
- Fichera, Eleonora & Banks, James & Siciliani, Luigi & Sutton, Matt, 2017. "Does Patient Health Behaviour respond to Doctor’s Effort?," Department of Economics Working Papers 58124, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Christian Jaag, 2005. "Hidden Teacher Effort in Educational Production: Monitoring vs. Merit Pay," HEW 0503003, EconWPA.
- C. Kirabo Jackson, 2010. "A Little Now for a Lot Later: A Look at a Texas Advanced Placement Incentive Program," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(3).
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0328 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calero, Jorge & Escardíbul, J. Oriol, 2016. "Proceso educativo y resultados del alumnado nativo y de origen inmigrante en España. Un análisis basado en PISA-2012/Educational Process and Native and Immigrant Students? Results. An Analysis Based o," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 34, pages 413-438, Mayo.
- Figlio, David N. & Kenny, Lawrence W., 2007.
"Individual teacher incentives and student performance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 901-914.
- David N. Figlio & Lawrence Kenny, 2006. "Individual Teacher Incentives And Student Performance," NBER Working Papers 12627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atkinson, Adele & Burgess, Simon & Croxson, Bronwyn & Gregg, Paul & Propper, Carol & Slater, Helen & Wilson, Deborah, 2009.
"Evaluating the impact of performance-related pay for teachers in England,"
Elsevier, pages 251-261.
- Adele Atkinson & Simon Burgess & Bronwyn Croxson & Paul Gregg, 2004. "Evaluating the Impact of Performance-related Pay for Teachers in England," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 04/113, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Hasnain, Zahid & Manning, Nick & Pierskalla Henryk, 2012. "Performance-related pay in the public sector : a review of theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6043, The World Bank.
- Emiliana Vegas & Ilana Umansky, 2005. "Improving Teaching and Learning through Effective Incentives : What Can We Learn from Education Reforms in Latin America?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8694, The World Bank.
- Marcello Sartarelli, 2011. "Do Performance Targets Affect Behaviour? Evidence from Discontinuities in Test Scores in England," DoQSS Working Papers 11-02, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn L. Shaw, 2009. "Insider Econometrics: Empirical Studies of How Management Matters," NBER Working Papers 15618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shaw, Kathryn, 2009. "Insider econometrics: A roadmap with stops along the way," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 607-617, December.
- Heutel, Garth, 2009. "Testing implications of a tournament model of school district salary schedules," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 143-151, February.
- Ellen Greaves & Luke Sibieta, 2014. "Estimating the effect of teacher pay on pupil attainment using boundary discontinuities," IFS Working Papers W14/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:37:y:2002:i:4:p:913-927. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.