Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Randall Eberts & Kevin Hollenbeck & Joe Stone, 2002. "Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(4), pages 913-927.
- Randall Eberts & Kevin Hollenbeck & Joe Stone, 2000. "Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 00-65, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Canice Prendergast, 1999. "The Provision of Incentives in Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 7-63, March.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1996. "How Teachers' Unions Affect Education Production," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 671-718.
- Dale Ballou & Michael Podgursky, 1996. "Teacher Pay and Teacher Quality," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number tptq, November.
- Eberts, Randall W & Stone, Joe A, 1991.
"Unionization and Cost of Production: Compensation, Productivity, and Factor-Use Effects,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 171-185, April.
- Randall W. Eberts & Joe A. Stone, 1987. "Unionization and cost of production: compensation, productivity, and factor-use effects," Working Paper 8701, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Eberts, Randall W & Stone, Joe A, 1986. "Teacher Unions and the Cost of Public Education," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 631-643, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oscar Mitnik, 2008.
"How do Training Programs Assign Participants to Training? Characterizing the Assignment Rules of Government Agencies for Welfare-to-Work Programs in California,"
0907, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Mitnik, Oscar A., 2009. "How Do Training Programs Assign Participants to Training? Characterizing the Assignment Rules of Government Agencies for Welfare-to-Work Programs in California," IZA Discussion Papers 4024, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jaag, Christian, 2006. "Teacher Incentives," MPRA Paper 340, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy Bond & Kevin Mumford, 2017. "The Effect of Teacher Performance Pay on Adult Outcomes in the United States," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1289, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Jones, Michael D., 2013. "Teacher behavior under performance pay incentives," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 148-164.
- Anna Makles & Kerstin Schneider, 2017.
"Extracurricular educational programs and school readiness: evidence from a quasi-experiment with preschool children,"
Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 1181-1204, June.
- Anna Makles & Kerstin Schneider, 2014. "Extracurricular educational programs and school readiness: evidence from a quasi-experiment with preschool children," Schumpeter Discussion Papers SDP14012, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Makles, Anna & Schneider, Kerstin, 2014. "Extracurricular educational programs and school readiness: Evidence from a quasi-experiment with preschool children," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100631, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Anna Makles & Kerstin Schneider, 2016. "Extracurricular Educational Programs and School Readiness: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment with Preschool Children," CESifo Working Paper Series 5778, CESifo Group Munich.
- World Bank, 2009. "Findings from the Bhutan Learning Quality Survey," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17940, The World Bank.
- Helbach, Christoph & Keldenich, Klemens, 2012. "Teaching in the Lab: Financial Incentives in the Education Process," Ruhr Economic Papers 328, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Vikström, Johan, 2009. "Cluster sample inference using sensitivity analysis: the case with few groups," Working Paper Series 2009:15, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Martins, Pedro S., 2009.
"Individual Teacher Incentives, Student Achievement and Grade Inflation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4051, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martins, Pedro S., 2010. "Individual teacher incentives, student achievement and grade inflation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28285, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pedro S. Martins, 2009. "Individual Teacher Incentives, Student Achievement and Grade Inflation," Working Papers 29, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Pedro Martins, 2010. "Individual Teacher Incentives, Student Achievement and Grade Inflation," CEE Discussion Papers 0112, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Christoph Helbach & Klemens Keldenich, 2012. "Teaching in the Lab: Financial Incentives in the Education Process," Ruhr Economic Papers 0328, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Martin, Stephanie M., 2010. "The determinants of school district salary incentives: An empirical analysis of, where and why," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1143-1153, December.
- Fichera, Eleonora & Banks, James & Siciliani, Luigi & Sutton, Matt, 2017. "Does Patient Health Behaviour respond to Doctor’s Effort?," Department of Economics Working Papers 58124, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Christian Jaag, 2005. "Hidden Teacher Effort in Educational Production: Monitoring vs. Merit Pay," HEW 0503003, EconWPA.
- C. Kirabo Jackson, 2010. "A Little Now for a Lot Later: A Look at a Texas Advanced Placement Incentive Program," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(3).
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0328 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calero, Jorge & Escardíbul, J. Oriol, 2016. "Proceso educativo y resultados del alumnado nativo y de origen inmigrante en España. Un análisis basado en PISA-2012/Educational Process and Native and Immigrant Students? Results. An Analysis Based o," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 34, pages 413-438, Mayo.
- Figlio, David N. & Kenny, Lawrence W., 2007.
"Individual teacher incentives and student performance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 901-914, June.
- David N. Figlio & Lawrence Kenny, 2006. "Individual Teacher Incentives And Student Performance," NBER Working Papers 12627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atkinson, Adele & Burgess, Simon & Croxson, Bronwyn & Gregg, Paul & Propper, Carol & Slater, Helen & Wilson, Deborah, 2009.
"Evaluating the impact of performance-related pay for teachers in England,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 251-261, June.
- Adele Atkinson & Simon Burgess & Bronwyn Croxson & Paul Gregg, 2004. "Evaluating the Impact of Performance-related Pay for Teachers in England," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 04/113, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Hasnain, Zahid & Manning, Nick & Pierskalla Henryk, 2012. "Performance-related pay in the public sector : a review of theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6043, The World Bank.
- Emiliana Vegas & Ilana Umansky, 2005. "Improving Teaching and Learning through Effective Incentives : What Can We Learn from Education Reforms in Latin America?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8694, The World Bank.
- Marcello Sartarelli, 2011. "Do Performance Targets Affect Behaviour? Evidence from Discontinuities in Test Scores in England," DoQSS Working Papers 11-02, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn L. Shaw, 2009. "Insider Econometrics: Empirical Studies of How Management Matters," NBER Working Papers 15618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shaw, Kathryn, 2009. "Insider econometrics: A roadmap with stops along the way," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 607-617, December.
- Heutel, Garth, 2009. "Testing implications of a tournament model of school district salary schedules," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 143-151, February.
- Ellen Greaves & Luke Sibieta, 2014. "Estimating the effect of teacher pay on pupil attainment using boundary discontinuities," IFS Working Papers W14/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsEDUCATION and TRAINING; K-12 Education; Teachers and compensation;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:weupjo:rwekhjs2002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/upjohus.html .