The Choice of Organizational Form in Gasoline Retailing and the Cost of Laws That Limit That Choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brickley, James A. & Dark, Frederick H., 1987. "The choice of organizational form The case of franchising," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 401-420, June.
- Slade, Margaret E, 1998. "Strategic Motives for Vertical Separation: Evidence from Retail Gasoline Markets," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 84-113, April.
- Slade, Margaret E, 1996. "Multitask Agency and Contract Choice: An Empirical Exploration," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(2), pages 465-486, May.
- Barron, John M & Umbeck, John R, 1984. "The Effects of Different Contractual Arrangements: The Case of Retail Gasoline Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 313-328, October.
- Andrea Shepard, 1993. "Contractual Form, Retail Price, and Asset Characteristics in Gasoline Retailing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(1), pages 58-77, Spring.
- Marvel, Howard P., 1995. "Tying, franchising, and gasoline service stations," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1-2), pages 199-225, October.
- Vita, Michael G, 2000. "Regulatory Restrictions on Vertical Integration and Control: The Competitive Impact of Gasoline Divorcement Policies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 217-233, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loertscher, Simon & Reisinger, Markus, 2009. "Competitive E?ects of Vertical Integration with Downstream Oligopsony and Oligopoly," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 278, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Emek Basker & Lucia Foster & Shawn Klimek, 2015. "Customer-Labor Substitution: Evidence from Gasoline Stations," Working Papers 15-45, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Erich J. Muehlegger, 2004.
"Gasoline Price Spikes and Regional Gasoline Content Regulations - A Structural Approach,"
0421, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Muehlegger, Erich, 2006. "Gasoline Price Spikes and Regional Gasoline Content Regulation: A Structural Approach," Working Paper Series rwp06-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Emek Basker & Lucia Foster & Shawn Klimek, 2017.
"Customer-employee substitution: Evidence from gasoline stations,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 876-896, December.
- Emek Basker & Lucia Foster & Shawn Klimek, 2015. "Customer-Employee Substitution: Evidence from Gasoline Stations," Working Papers 15-45r, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2013. "Economics of Corporate Form: Why Do Russian Firms Prefer to Be Closed Companies?," RRC Working Paper Series 3, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Justine S. Hastings & Richard J. Gilbert, 2005. "MARKET POWER, VERTICAL INTEGRATION AND THE WHOLESALE PRICE OF GASOLINE -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 469-492, December.
- Fernando Coloma & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2009. "Escalamiento de cargos de acceso e incentivos a la predación de un operador de telefonía local integrado verticalmente," Documentos de Trabajo 361, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Michiel Bijlsma & Viktoria Kocsis & Victoria Shestalova & Gijsbert Zwart, 2008. "Vertical foreclosure: a policy framework," CPB Document 157, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Legros, Patrick & Newman, Andrew F., 2017.
"Demand-driven integration and divorcement policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 306-325.
- Patrick Legros & Andrew F. Newman, "undated". "Demand-Driven Integration and Divorcement Policy," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-276, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Legros, Patrick & Newman, Andrew, 2015. "Demand-Driven Integration and Divorcement Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 10914, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alicia García-Herrera & Rafael Llorca-Vivero, 2010. "How time influences franchise contracts: the Spanish case," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Nowakowski Marcin & Karasiewicz Grzegorz, 2016. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Margins in European Retail Gasoline Industry," Journal of Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, De Gruyter Open, vol. 24(3), pages 105-124, September.
- Francine Lafontaine & Margaret Slade, 2007.
"Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries: The Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 629-685, September.
- Lafontaine, Francine & Slade, Margaret, 2007. "Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries : The Evidence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 799, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- William Comanor & Jon Riddle, 2003. "The Costs of Regulation: Branded Open Supply and Uniform Pricing of Gasoline," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 135-155.
- John M. Barron & Beck A. Taylor & John R. Umbeck, 2004. "Will Open Supply Lower Retail Gasoline Prices?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 63-77, January.
- Kosová, Renáta & Lafontaine, Francine, 2012. "Much ado about chains: A research agenda," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 303-308.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:44:y:2001:i:2:p:511-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .