Indigenous Language Skills and the Labor Market in a Developing Economy: Bolivia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kuo, Chun-Yan, 1976. " The Effect of Education on the Earnings of Indian, Eskimo, Metis, and White Workers in the Mackenzie District of Northern Canada," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 387-398, January.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:32:y:1995:i:2:p:218-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Paul W, 1989. "The Structure of Aboriginal and Non-aboriginal Youth Unemployment," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(52), pages 39-56, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Pablo Atal & Hugo Nopo & Natalia Winder, 2009.
"New Century, Old Disparities: Gender and Ethnic Wage Gaps in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
4640, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Juan Pablo Atal & Hugo R. Ñopo & Natalia Winder, 2009. "New Century, Old Disparities: Gender and Ethnic Wage Gaps in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1131, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Nopo, Hugo R. & Atal, Juan Pablo & Winder, Natalia, 2010. "New Century, Old Disparities: Gender and Ethnic Wage Gaps in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 5085, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ivlevs, Artjoms & King, Roswitha M., 2014. "2004 Minority Education Reform and pupil performance in Latvia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 151-166.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-18-00123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Godoy, Ricardo A. & Leonard, William R. & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Goodman, Elizabeth & McDade, Thomas & Huanca, Tomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent, 2006. "Physical stature of adult Tsimane' Amerindians, Bolivian Amazon in the 20th century," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 184-205, June.
- Gao, Wenshu & Smyth, Russell, 2011.
"Economic returns to speaking 'standard Mandarin' among migrants in China's urban labour market,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 342-352, April.
- Wenshu Gao & Russell Smyth, 2009. "Economic Returns to Speaking ‘Standard Mandarin’ Among Migrants in China’s Urban Labour Market," Monash Economics Working Papers 28-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- George Gray-Molina & Wilson Jimenez & Ernesto Perez de Rada, 2002. "Social Exclusion: Residential Segregation in Bolivian Cities," Research Department Publications 3136, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2008. "The Economics of Language: An Introduction and Overview," IZA Discussion Papers 3568, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:105:y:2018:i:c:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nguyen, Hoa-Thi-Minh & Kompas, Tom & Breusch, Trevor & Ward, Michael B., 2017.
"Language, Mixed Communes, and Infrastructure: Sources of Inequality and Ethnic Minorities in Vietnam,"
Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 145-162.
- Hoa Thi Minh Nguyen & Tom Kompas & Trevor Breusch & Michael B. Ward, 2012. "Language, Mixed Communes and Infrastructure: Sources of Inequality and Ethnic Minorities in Vietnam," Crawford School Research Papers 1207, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Casale, Daniela & Posel, Dorrit, 2011.
"English language proficiency and earnings in a developing country: The case of South Africa,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 385-393, August.
- Daniela Casale & Dorrit Posel, 2010. "English Language Proficiency and Earnings in a Developing Country: The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 181, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Matías Busso & Martín Cicowiez & Leonardo Gasparini, 2005. "Ethnicity and the Millennium Development Goals in Latin America and the Caribbean," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0027, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Javier Cano-Urbina & Patrick L. Mason, 2016. "Acculturation and the labor market in Mexico," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-29, December.
- Godoy, Ricardo & Karlan, Dean S. & Rabindran, Shanti & Huanca, Tomas, 2005. "Do modern forms of human capital matter in primitive economies? Comparative evidence from Bolivia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 45-53, February.
- Godoy, Ricardo & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Seyfried, Craig & Huanca, Tomas & Leonard, William R. & McDade, Thomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent, 2007. "Language skills and earnings: Evidence from a pre-industrial economy in the Bolivian Amazon," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 349-360, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:48:y:2000:i:2:p:349-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.