Estimating parameters of dichotomous and ordinal item response models with gllamm
Item response theory models are measurement models for categorical responses. Traditionally, the models are used in educational testing, where responses to test items can be viewed as indirect measures of latent ability. The test items are scored either dichotomously (correct–incorrect) or by using an ordinal scale (a grade from poor to excellent). Item response models also apply equally for measurement of other latent traits. Here we describe the one- and two-parameter logit models for dichotomous items, the partial-credit and rating scale models for ordinal items, and an extension of these models where the latent variable is regressed on explanatory variables. We show how these models can be expressed as generalized linear latent and mixed models and fitted by using the user-written command gllamm. Copyright 2007 by StataCorp LP.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.stata-journal.com/subscription.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anders Skrondal & Sophia Rabe-Hesketh, 2003. "Multilevel logistic regression for polytomous data and rankings," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 267-287, June.
- Aeilko Zwinderman, 1991. "A generalized rasch model for manifest predictors," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 589-600, December.
- David Andrich, 1978. "A rating formulation for ordered response categories," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 43(4), pages 561-573, December.
- Sophia Rabe-Hesketh & Anders Skrondal & Andrew Pickles, 2002. "Reliable estimation of generalized linear mixed models using adaptive quadrature," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Geoff Masters, 1982. "A rasch model for partial credit scoring," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 149-174, June.
- Jean-Benoit Hardouin, 2007. "Rasch analysis: Estimation and tests with raschtest," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(1), pages 22-44, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsj:stataj:v:7:y:2007:i:3:p:313-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)or (Lisa Gilmore)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.