Stigmatized Asset Value: Is It Temporary or Long-Term?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kohlhase, Janet E., 1991. "The impact of toxic waste sites on housing values," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-26, July.
- Boyd, James & Harrington, Winston & Macauley, Molly K, 1996. "The Effects of Environmental Liability on Industrial Real Estate Development," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 37-58, January.
- Farber, Stephen, 1998. "Undesirable facilities and property values: a summary of empirical studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1987. "The Estimation of Demand Parameters in Hedonic Price Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Larry Dale & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Paul A. Waddell, 1999. "Do Property Values Rebound from Environmental Stigmas? Evidence from Dallas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 311-326.
- Miyao, Takahiro, 1978. "Dynamic Instability of a Mixed City in the Presence of Neighborhood Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 454-463.
- Coulson, N Edward & Bond, Eric W, 1990. "A Hedonic Approach to Residential Succession," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 433-444, August.
- Kiel Katherine A. & McClain Katherine T., 1995. "House Prices during Siting Decision Stages: The Case of an Incinerator from Rumor through Operation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-255, March.
- Mark Thayer & Heidi Albers & Morteza Rahmatian, 1992. "The Benefits of Reducing Exposure to Waste Disposal Sites: A Hedonic Housing Value Approach," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 7(3), pages 265-282.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katherine Kiel & Jennifer Bowen, 2002.
"An Analysis of the Impact of Multiple Environmental Goods on House Prices,"
0201, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Katherine Kiel & Michael Williams, 2005. "An Analysis of the Impact of Multiple Environmental Goods on House Prices," Working Papers 0505, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Arnott, Richard & Hochman, Oded & Rausser, Gordon C., 2008.
"Pollution and land use: Optimum and decentralization,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, pages 390-407.
- Oded Hochman & Gordon Rausser & Richard Arnott, 2008. "Pollution and Land Use: Optimum and Decentralization," Working Papers 200805, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2008.
- Hochman, Oded & Rausser, Gordon C. & Arnott, Richard J, 2008. "Pollution And Land Use: Optimum And Decentralization," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6hg02091, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Katherine Kiel, 2006. "Environmental Contamination and House Values: A Study of Market Adjustment," Working Papers 0607, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Carolyn Kousky, 2010. "Learning from Extreme Events: Risk Perceptions after the Flood," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(3).
- Adam Eckerd & Andrew Keeler, 2012. "Going green together? Brownfield remediation and environmental justice," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 45(4), pages 293-314, December.
- Trudy Ann Cameron & Ian T. McConnaha, 2006. "Evidence of Environmental Migration," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 82(2), pages 273-290.
- repec:eee:juecon:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:161-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas C. Kinnaman, 2009. "A Landfill Closure And Housing Values," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(3), pages 380-389, July.
- Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Pope, Jaren C., 2010. "Which hedonic models can we trust to recover the marginal willingness to pay for environmental amenities?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 145-160, November.
- Kiel, Katherine A. & Williams, Michael, 2007. "The impact of Superfund sites on local property values: Are all sites the same?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 170-192, January.
- Qinna Zhao & Robert A. Simons & Zhong Fen, 2016. "The Effect of Three Incineration Plants on Residential Property Values in Hangzhou, China," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 19(4), pages 515-546.
- Sotirios Thanos & Abigail L. Bristow & Mark R. Wardman, 2015. "Residential Sorting And Environmental Externalities: The Case Of Nonlinearities And Stigma In Aviation Noise Values," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 468-490, June.
- Marie Howland, 2007. "Employment Effects of Brownfield Redevelopment What Do We Know from the Literature?," NCEE Working Paper Series 200701, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jan 2007.
- Benoît Chèze, 2007. "Une méta-analyse des études d’évaluation monétaire par la méthode des prix hédoniques du coût externe des installations de traitement des déchets," EconomiX Working Papers 2007-23, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith R. & Taylor, Laura O., 2004. "Externality effects of small-scale hazardous waste sites: evidence from urban commercial property markets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 117-139, January.
- Toshiaki Sasao, 2016. "Econometric analysis of cleanup of illegal dumping sites in Japan: removal or remedial actions?," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(4), pages 485-497, October.
- Daniel J. Phaneuf & Laura O. Taylor & John B. Braden, 2013. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Data to Estimate Preferences for Residential Amenities: A GMM Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(1), pages 30-52.
- Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Pope, Jaren C., 2008. "Hedonic Price Functions: Guidance On Empirical Specification," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6555, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dennis Guignet, 2013. "What Do Property Values Really Tell Us? A Hedonic Study of Underground Storage Tanks," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(2), pages 211-226.
- Kris Wernstedt, 2004. "Overview of Existing Studies on Community Impacts of Land Reuse," NCEE Working Paper Series 200406, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jun 2004.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Liu, Xiangping, 2016. "Disentangling property value impacts of environmental contamination from locally undesirable land uses: Implications for measuring post-cleanup stigmaAuthor-Name: Taylor, Laura O," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 85-98.
- John Clapp & Piet Eichholtz & Thies Lindenthal, 2012. "Real Option Value over a Housing Market Cycle: West Berlin," ERSA conference papers ersa12p264, European Regional Science Association.
- Clapp, John M. & Eichholtz, Piet & Lindenthal, Thies, 2013. "Real option value over a housing market cycle," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 862-874.
- Hallstrom, Daniel G. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2005. "Market responses to hurricanes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 541-561, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:85:y:2003:i:2:p:276-285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .