Property Values and the Risk from an Oil Spill: the Effects of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill in Hillsborough County
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michaels, R. Gregory & Smith, V. Kerry, 1990. "Market segmentation and valuing amenities with hedonic models: The case of hazardous waste sites," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 223-242, September.
- Dennis Guignet & Robin R. Jenkins & Matthew Ranson & Patrick J. Walsh, 2016. "Do Housing Values Respond to Underground Storage Tank Releases? Evidence from High-Profile Cases across the United States," NCEE Working Paper Series 201601, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Mar 2016.
- Farber, Stephen, 1998. "Undesirable facilities and property values: a summary of empirical studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Farrow Scott & Larson Douglas M., 2012.
"News and Social Cost: The Case of Oil Spills and Distant Viewers,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 1-24, December.
- Farrow, Scott & Larson, Douglas M., 2012. "News and Social Cost: The Case of Oil Spills and Distant Viewers," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 1-22, December.
- Jon P. Nelson, 1981. "Three Mile Island and Residential Property Values: Empirical Analysis and Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 363-372.
- Robert A. Simons & William Bowen & Arthur Sementell, 1997. "The Effect of Underground Storage Tanks on Residential Property Values in Cuyahoga County, Ohio," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 14(1), pages 29-42.
- Christy Siegel & Steven B. Caudill & Franklin G. Mixon, 2013. "Clear skies, dark waters: The Gulf oil spill and the price of coastal condominiums in Alabama," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 42-53.
- Lucija Muehlenbachs & Elisheba Spiller & Christopher Timmins, 2015.
"The Housing Market Impacts of Shale Gas Development,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(12), pages 3633-3659, December.
- Muehlenbachs, Lucija & Spiller, Elisheba & Timmins, Christopher, 2013. "The Housing Market Impacts of Shale Gas Development," Discussion Papers dp-13-39, Resources For the Future.
- Lucija Muehlenbachs & Elisheba Spiller & Christopher Timmins, 2014. "The Housing Market Impacts of Shale Gas Development," NBER Working Papers 19796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muehlenbachs, Lucia Anna & Spiller, Elisheba & Timmins, Christopher, 2013. "The Housing Market Impacts of Shale Gas Development," Discussion Papers dp-13-39-rev2, Resources For the Future.
- repec:wly:riskan:v:10:y:1990:i:4:p:485-497 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carolyn Kousky, 2010. "Learning from Extreme Events: Risk Perceptions after the Flood," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(3).
- Kiel Katherine A. & McClain Katherine T., 1995. "House Prices during Siting Decision Stages: The Case of an Incinerator from Rumor through Operation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-255, March.
- Daniel T. Winkler & Bruce L. Gordon, 2013. "The Effect of the BP Oil Spill on Volume and Selling Prices of Oceanfront Condominiums," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(4), pages 614-631.
- Larry Dale & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Paul A. Waddell, 1999. "Do Property Values Rebound from Environmental Stigmas? Evidence from Dallas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 311-326.
- Okmyung Biny & Stephen Polasky, 2004. "Effects of Flood Hazards on Property Values: Evidence Before and After Hurricane Floyd," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- Julia L. Hansen & Earl D. Benson & Daniel A. Hagen, 2006. "Environmental Hazards and Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Major Pipeline Event," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 82(4), pages 529-541.
More about this item
KeywordsResearch Methods/Statistical Methods; Demand and Price Analysis; Resource/Energy Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea17:259117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.